Iowa responds to SI story

Sounds like Iowa vs. Pitt this September at Kinnick will be the "Thug Bowl". Or is it "Thug Bowl II" since they already played once?

I mean this sarcastically btw. The whole thing is overblown.

Yep, so everything is cool here. Go away. Nothing to see here... again.

We have the 2nd most criminals of any team in the country. We put 13 in the hospital this winter, and our coach and AD didn't even find it important enough to fly back to IC, but nothing going on here.

Oh, and by the way, after all of this, in addition to underperforming on the football field last year... we're going to raise ticket prices again!

You have to admit... that takes some serious stones to do that!
2sgaw5ez6y.jpg

They're (national media) coming at us from all directions now. DJK, A-Rob, Rhabdo & now a re-hash of an old topic. Forde, Dodd, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc. love to hate Iowa.

All it tells me is that we have arrived and are knocking on the door of elite status and the talking heads don't want us around. Screw em.

Under age drinking is nothing new for college campuses for sure, and IC is really a small town and makes for easier consumption tickets for sure. I know I consumed under age when I attended University of Iowa.

Glad to see Iowa get out in front of the situation this time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE84ybCiA_Q]YouTube - Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa - Young Wild And Free (New Music 2011)[/ame]

Yep, so everything is cool here. Go away. Nothing to see here... again.

We have the 2nd most criminals of any team in the country. We put 13 in the hospital this winter, and our coach and AD didn't even find it important enough to fly back to IC, but nothing going on here.

Oh, and by the way, after all of this, in addition to underperforming on the football field last year... we're going to raise ticket prices again!

You have to admit... that takes some serious stones to do that!

This whole story is laughable given all the BS that's gone on at other programs. FSU during the Neon Deion era where a collective bunch stole CCs and good ole Bobby Bowden turned his head and let the guys play in the bowl game that year...and let them back on the team the next year. How about Lawrence Phillips continued battering of women...still played in the bowl game and didn't get suspended by the esteemed and chaste Tom Osborn. Lets not forget about the armed robbers a few years back at Iowa State. So, while a crime is a crime lets keep things in perspective. After all you can go to war for your country at 18 but you can't have a beer.

Latest posts