Iowa responds to DJK Twitter rant

I'm particularly interested in DJK's choice of the word "abandonment". My guess is he's sensitive to any situation where he trusts someone and it appears they don't live up to his expectations or just flat walk away from him. Perhaps he did look at KF or some other coach as a fatherly figure and then they didn't give him the support he expected after the arrest. My guess is that's the case because he stuck around the program through all the disciplinary actions in previous seasons. He was getting the attention he desired or he would have left.

In his early life he had no control over the abandonment by his parents. In this case I think he's trying to control the situation or get the retribution now that he couldn't get when he was a child.

Thanks Dr. Phil. We all have challenges in life, some greater than others, but at some point when you get to a certain maturity level, you have to accept the hand you have been dealt, and stop making excuses as to why you keep blaming others for your plight. DJK has been an attention whore ever since he found out he could play football...and he played the rebel for all the attention he could muster. Now, it's all backfired and he blames the University and the Football coach.

NFL guys ask about a guy's character. What did he think the coaches would say. He was a great teammate, a leader, a guy who gave 100% at all times. No, they said he was a great talent, but was a head case. In the NFL, a great percentage of those fail or eventually embarrass the organization. Not worth the risk.

Thanks Dr. Phil. We all have challenges in life, some greater than others, but at some point when you get to a certain maturity level, you have to accept the hand you have been dealt, and stop making excuses as to why you keep blaming others for your plight. DJK has been an attention whore ever since he found out he could play football...and he played the rebel for all the attention he could muster. Now, it's all backfired and he blames the University and the Football coach.

NFL guys ask about a guy's character. What did he think the coaches would say. He was a great teammate, a leader, a guy who gave 100% at all times. No, they said he was a great talent, but was a head case. In the NFL, a great percentage of those fail or eventually embarrass the organization. Not worth the risk.

A head case who ran a drug house. Pretty easy decision.

No Dr. Phil here. I'm not making excuses for the guy and wouldn't condone his behavior in a million years. Some of these guys need a kick in the rear to get them moving on with their lives and he has a skewed view of reality without a doubt and he was involved with illegal drug activity and there's a price to be paid for those choices. I have little sympathy for the place he's in now.

My post was my thoughts on why he's doing what he's doing based on his past. But I've never met the guy and I'm just throwing darts at a board based on things written about him. He keeps coming back to Iowa because that's the place he gets special attention. If you want him to go away, ignore him. No special attention, no DJK.

ESECPN Article by Adam Rittenburg is interesting. This is what DJK told ESPN.com:

"My hope is that future players know the possibility of abandonment if adversity arises at this particular institution. Providing perspective can sometimes be detrimental but truth is what matters most."

Seriously, DJK sounds like a jilted lover.

"Adversity: v., the running of a drug house"