Iowa responds to DJK Twitter rant

The old release it on Friday trick. Not to mention close to Christmas so that it won't make to many people's radar. Should of just left it alone. It's only playing into his ego. Although it doesn't surprise me as Iowa has never been good at this kind of thing.

ESECPN Article by Adam Rittenburg is interesting. This is what DJK told ESPN.com:

"My hope is that future players know the possibility of abandonment if adversity arises at this particular institution. Providing perspective can sometimes be detrimental but truth is what matters most."

Seriously, DJK sounds like a jilted lover.

ESECPN Article by Adam Rittenburg is interesting. This is what DJK told ESPN.com:

"My hope is that future players know the possibility of abandonment if adversity arises at this particular institution. Providing perspective can sometimes be detrimental but truth is what matters most."

The press release from the UofI states attempts were made to help student athletes deal with issues.

I'll add FU DJK.

Someone should ask him how many chances he got. Or ask if he'd rather play in the Sec and get cut for no reason other than someone with more stars was coming to town.

Actually, based on his Twitter rants, he sounds a lot more like the ESPN guy, who most likely did a lot of editing in terms of what DJK actually said vs. what ESPN kinda thought he was saying to turn this into a story at a time when there are virtually no sports stories to be had. From what I have read, the chances DJK actually put all these words together into two logical sentences is almost nill.

Actually, based on his Twitter rants, he sounds a lot more like the ESPN guy, who most likely did a lot of editing in terms of what DJK actually said vs. what ESPN kinda thought he was saying to turn this into a story at a time when there are virtually no sports stories to be had. From what I have read, the chances DJK actually put all these words together into two logical sentences is almost nill.

I think he is well spoken when he wants to be. Actually, that's a proven fact. Look back at some of his interviews from his time at Iowa. Lets not kid ourselves, he's smart and savvy. His "language choices" on Twitter are part of his persona. That's just my opinion. The fact that he doesn't understand how it comes across is what surprises me.

That's how most people on twitter sound. It's not a grammatically correct conversation, it's an attention grabber.

That's how most people on twitter sound. It's not a grammatically correct conversation, it's an attention grabber.

DJK received multiple chances at Iowa. He was a very popular player with the fans and could have ended his career as a beloved player destined for legendary status. Instead, horrific choices THAT HE MADE have destroyed his legacy. It is a real shame

I really don't understand why Iowa would respond at all. I get the timing of it (Friday afternoon), but I think they'd be better served into letting the whole thing go away on its own.

I'm done with all this. It's lost it's shock value and it's already old. DJK snagged an extra 15 minutes of fame and has pretty much squandered it again. Maybe he should have released the book first (ha). We already know the gist of it. Who cares. Boring. Moving on. Hate the 8 day layoff in basketball.

Wasn't he charged with "running a drug house" or something like that? If that's his idea of adversity, I hope Iowa abandons any other player that undergoes that type of "adversity", too. What a tool!

I'm particularly interested in DJK's choice of the word "abandonment". My guess is he's sensitive to any situation where he trusts someone and it appears they don't live up to his expectations or just flat walk away from him. Perhaps he did look at KF or some other coach as a fatherly figure and then they didn't give him the support he expected after the arrest. My guess is that's the case because he stuck around the program through all the disciplinary actions in previous seasons. He was getting the attention he desired or he would have left.

In his early life he had no control over the abandonment by his parents. In this case I think he's trying to control the situation or get the retribution now that he couldn't get when he was a child.

He would NOT catch a ball on the numbers, nor would he run out his route if he thought the ball was overthrown. And we ALL know what would happen if he had to "turn DB" on a contested ball.

Latest posts