Iowa Rescues Floyd From Evil Gopher Kidnappers Prediction Thread

Hawk10k

This was possibly my most anticipated game this season. When the world was huge on the Goofs and Iowa's ceiling was 8-4, I figured we would lose this one but my oh my have the circumstances changed in the last 10 weeks. I believe Minnesota will hit the field mostly beaten after the physical and emotional expenditures of the last two games. They'll hang with the Hawks through the first half but by midway through the 3rd the will to fight will wither away and we'll pull away comfortably. Floyd will come home where he belongs after a fairly anti-climactic 4th quarter.
38-13 Iowa

I keep waiting for that ugly game where we screw up a lot. I hope it's not this one.

With most of the team healthy and at home under the lights with a fired up crowd - this will be a huge HAWKEYE victory - probably 42 - 10.

Iowa wins, 24-6.

Goopher D limits us to 3 TDs and an FG, but Mitch Leidner bumbles the rodents to a lowly 2 FGs against Iowa's D.
King for another INT and Mitchell is the only RB without a rushing TD.

I could give a crap if the MN backfield is Culpepper at qb .. Petersen at TB and Bill Brown at FB

This one is gonna get ugly

Iowa 37
MN 10
Budweiser 16 (consumed during the game)

I predict that with 30 minutes left in the game we will all be confident in a 10-0 record setting season

As badly as I (and all of you) want us to rout the Goofs, I don't want my hopes up for a 3 score win unreasonably. Iowa is the better team yes, but I am going to go a more conservative 21-10 win. I really hope it is not that close.

I keep waiting for that ugly game where we screw up a lot. I hope it's not this one.

We already had THAT game this year. #Taxslayer

2 TDs by the defense in this one. Wadley 150+ 2 TDs Daniels 30-50 yrds TD, Canzeri 30-40 yards TD. Another 200+ yard rushing performance folks.

Iowa 45

Goofs 3

I don't think Minnesota can score enough points to win this unless Iowa helps them with turnovers or poor special teams play.

So If Iowa plays well it could get ugly, if they play ok they'll win comfortably and if they play poorly we'll be sweating it out in the 4th.

I don't think Minnesota can score enough points to win this unless Iowa helps them with turnovers or poor special teams play.

So If Iowa plays well it could get ugly, if they play ok they'll win comfortably and if they play poorly we'll be sweating it out in the 4th.

This is well said.

44-6 Iowa...but it will be a tight first qtr. Like 10-3 before we just slowly build from there. 24-6 halftime, and 3 TDs in 2nd half...maybe Wiegers can get in these next 2 games for some more "just in case" experience. D will be lights out. Looking for a "Shut-up Shut-out", but probably won't happen.

Latest posts