Iowa ranks 23rd in home attendance in 2013

HawkeyeHypnosis

Hawkeye Football Again Ranks Among National Leaders in Home Attendance - Iowa Official Athletic Site

SIAP. From article:

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The University of Iowa football program ranked 23rd in the nation in home attendance during the 2013 season, averaging 67,125 per game in Kinnick Stadium. Iowa is one of seven Big Ten schools ranked in the top 25. Iowa ranked 21st in home attendance four straight years from 2009-12.

The Big Ten Conference ranked second among all conferences with a 70,431 average, an increase of over 300 fans per game from 2012. Michigan led all schools with a per game average of 111,592, followed by Ohio State (104,933), Alabama (101,505), Texas (98,976) and Penn State (96,587). The SEC averaged 75,674 fans per game to lead all conferences.

Next year we reclaim that 21st spot!

How long do we have to wait before starting a "we're back" football attendance thread?

Next year we reclaim that 21st spot!

How long do we have to wait before starting a "we're back" football attendance thread?

Not sure. I think everyone ahead of Iowa has larger stadiums so it seems unlikely that Iowa would ever be much higher that it's current ranking. As Mizzou is adding on to their stadium, they will probably pass Iowa.

Not sure. I think everyone ahead of Iowa has larger stadiums so it seems unlikely that Iowa would ever be much higher that it's current ranking. As Mizzou is adding on to their stadium, they will probably pass Iowa.

Possibly. I think the ceiling isn't too far from where we're currently at. We have to sellout every game to move up, but not likely to move up too much further.

Last year was definitely a product of weather and 2012. The schedule was decent, but not as good as 2010.

I do think this next year could be a return to previous season (in regards to sellouts/getting closer to the ceiling), as the schedule looks fairly attractive and there is decent hype surrounding the team.

Well, if all you KF naysayers would allow him to hire all his kids and relatives , we'd be in the top 20. I just thought I circle this back to KF somehow as that's where it will get eventually. He doesn't deserve the 4 million because attendance has dropped drastically (two positions). No, the problem is that the students are too caught up in twitter and facebook and waiting for someone to give them a ride to the game and provide hotdog money. Kids these days...youth is certainly wasted on the young.

Latest posts