Iowa ranked.

This team should be in the top 25 now. Iowa is better than many of the 1 loss teams ahead of them now. If I had a vote I would have them in it.

I remember preseason of this year, many were upset that Iowa wasn't ranked. Man, that seems like an eternity and an isu loss ago.:(

This team should be in the top 25 now. Iowa is better than many of the 1 loss teams ahead of them now. If I had a vote I would have them in it.

Iowa hasn't proven anything yet. It squeaked by UNI & Ball State, lost at home to an ISU team who hasn't won any other game besides that one, beat a Pitt team that also just lost at home to Akron by double digits, and a bad Purdue team.

Gonna have to beat someone of consequence and/or reel off a few more wins in a row IMO for Iowa to deserve a ranking.

I'm not sold on them yet, and apparently neither are the voters.

Rankings are so jammed with SEC schools compared to ten years ago, the top ten especially. Iowa always drops an early game, needs big wins down the road to sneak back in. Doesn't seem anywhere close to being ranked right now.

Iowa shouldn't, and won't, be ranked this season.

Iowa's FPI is in the 60's. It still predicts 4 more losses: Indiana, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

Even with the good defense, teams are still scoring within 6.6 of their ppg when playing Iowa. Iowa is averaging scoring 4.8 points less than the teams ppg on defense. Using those trends things look dire:

Indiana 23 - Iowa 25 W
Maryland 28 - Iowa 15 L
Northwestern 16 - Iowa 12 L
Minnesota 21 - Iowa 14 L
Illinois 19 - Iowa 30 W
Wisconsin 23 - Iowa 10 L
Nebraska 39 - Iowa 14 L

Iowa 6 - 6, 3 - 5.

I was really hopeful that CJB would put up more points in the Purdue game than he did. But while he is clearly the better option at QB, he still didn't move the needle ppg-wise. Iowa just isn't that good this year.

I'm not very good at math, but what if the Hawks hadn't sat on it when they were down at the 3 in the 4th quarter and Lowdermilk had taken his INT to the endzone, making the final score 38-10? Will the Hawks be 5-3 and 8-4, at least? Man, I hope so, as I plan on going to some of these games, and I'd like to be assured of at least a couple of more wins.

Iowa shouldn't, and won't, be ranked this season.

Iowa's FPI is in the 60's. It still predicts 4 more losses: Indiana, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

Even with the good defense, teams are still scoring within 6.6 of their ppg when playing Iowa. Iowa is averaging scoring 4.8 points less than the teams ppg on defense. Using those trends things look dire:

Indiana 23 - Iowa 25 W
Maryland 28 - Iowa 15 L
Northwestern 16 - Iowa 12 L
Minnesota 21 - Iowa 14 L
Illinois 19 - Iowa 30 W
Wisconsin 23 - Iowa 10 L
Nebraska 39 - Iowa 14 L

Iowa 6 - 6, 3 - 5.

I was really hopeful that CJB would put up more points in the Purdue game than he did. But while he is clearly the better option at QB, he still didn't move the needle ppg-wise. Iowa just isn't that good this year.

I am confident Iowa will beat Minnesota this year.. Iowa's run D is strong and Minnesota cant throw against even bad defenses. Although the Indiana game scares me quite a bit

I'm not very good at math, but what if the Hawks hadn't sat on it when they were down at the 3 in the 4th quarter and Lowdermilk had taken his INT to the endzone, making the final score 38-10? Will the Hawks be 5-3 and 8-4, at least? Man, I hope so, as I plan on going to some of these games, and I'd like to be assured of at least a couple of more wins.

Then the hawks would be at -0.05 of opponents' ppg given up.
So, add 5 points to the scores above (rounding the difference of 4.75 up).

Indiana 23 - Iowa 30 W
Maryland 28 - Iowa 20 L
Northwestern 16 - Iowa 17 W
Minnesota 21 - Iowa 19 L
Illinois 19 - Iowa 35 W
Wisconsin 23 - Iowa 15 L
Nebraska 39 - Iowa 19 L

End up at 7 - 5, 4 - 4 under your scenario.

damned right, I'd have them in the top 5 for sure.

501x309px-eb7a272c_rico.jpeg

What exactly are you basing this on? Iowa is not a good team right now.

I'm guessing your basing this off purely record? because Iowa just isn't that good a team based on what I've seen through 5 weeks. I'm also not sure that Iowa could beat any of the current Top 25 1 loss teams.

If we continue the level of play as the first five games, we lose at least four more games. We will probably win one we shouldn't and lose one we shouldn't. 7 - 5 at best.

If our offense picks up, maybe 8 - 4 at best, but I doubt it.

Well even a really really bad big 12 team would probably win the big 10. Signed all isu fans because the big 12 is really gooder

Well even a really really bad big 12 team would probably win the big 10. Signed all isu fans because the big 12 is really gooder

According to the ISU bible, Sagarin has them ranked 9th out of Big 12 reams. Only Kansas is lower, although they have 2 wins on the season. I can see why cyfans say they will cover the spread against OSU. Many of course are predicting a win, what else is new.

Latest posts