Iowa QB Rick Stanzi key to game against Michigan State

Yawn...same old garbage. First mention of Iowa and they bring up the UNI game. Then they bring up the fact that we're only winning because we're benefiting from turnovers. Howie Beardsley clearly had an agenda in that interview...we get it, you think the Big 10 is weak.

Regardless of where teams end up, this might be one of the most important bowl seasons in history for the Big 10.

That guy's voice is really annoying.

Sounds like more of the same in terms of respect for Iowa.

Lets face it, if OSU, Michigan or Penn State are NOT on top of the Big Ten, then the general consensus is that the Big Ten is weak.

Lets face it, if OSU, Michigan or Penn State are NOT on top of the Big Ten, then the general consensus is that the Big Ten is weak.

This. If Iowa plays their way into the Rose Bowl, I hope we get to play USC. A win over a team like that is what the B10 needs to regain a little bit of their respect lost over the past few years. If we are lucky enough to get to the NCG, I'm rooting for a game against Alabama. A shot at the mighty SEC, and I think we match up best with them.

Stanzi has proven that he is clutch. Just look at his record as a starting QB. The key to the game is if Iowa can run the ball effectivly. If iowa has a good day on the ground the game wont be close.

This "alleged" fmr. Hawk has drank too much National Kool-Aid.......if other team's like Michigan, Penn St, tOSU were creating turnovers like IOWA - national pundits would be saying how opportunistic and athletic this defense is.

Keep bringing up UNI and dogging on the Hawks - we'll see you all in Pasadena.....one way or the other!!!!

Any of these posters above still around?

Well turned out that OSU and Iowa played in a defacto conference championship game held in Columbus. Both won BCS bowls against other conference champions that year in the Orange and Rose Bowls

You know Iowa could use the momentum from 2009 to compete for a national championship in 2010, that is unless...

Iowa LB depth is depleted with injuries and a true freshman ends up starting at MLB

Hampton, whegher and A-Rob all fail to make it to the end of the season at RB.

Iowa players have hidden drug problems, resulting in DJK finally getting kicked off the team.

The Iowa defense blows late game leads against Wisc, NW, OSU, and Minn.

But as long as all those things don't happen, Iowa could end up having a great decade in the 2010's. 2009 has proved that Iowa has clearly passed Wisc and Mich and is ready to compete with OSU go to multiple Rose Bowls throughout the 2010's.

The fact stanzi didn’t play an NFL snap and Beathard has baffles me to this day

That CJ got as much as he did baffles me. Rick? This sort of thingy.

schaubpickedoff.gif

The fact stanzi didn’t play an NFL snap and Beathard has baffles me to this day

A lot of NFL success for players is which teams draft them. Stanzi got drafted by a pretty good chiefs team and CJ got drafted by a terrible team with QB problems. I think CJ has a stronger arm than Ricki had but yes Ricki never really had a chance.

Stanzi never had CJ's mobility. Both powerful arms, neither particularly accurate. Both great Hawkeyes.

Also, CJ is the toughest Iowa QB ever. He is a freaking Weeble.

Latest posts