Iowa program similar to Tenn??

Right and they all went through coaching changes until it got turned around. I remember USC got rid of John Robinson after 2 mediocre seasons even though he led them to 4 Rose Bowl victories. Mack Brown is the 2nd most successful coach in the history of Texas with a NC under his belt and I doubt he makes it to next season.

I get your point, but those are 4 bad examples to use to make it.

I understand that, and I wasn't trying to argue your point or stick up for Ferentz. I think it's time to **** or get off the pot. But I also realize it could be worse.

I am not saying that the style of play is the same, but their identity as a program. I was listening to ESPN radio a couple of weeks back and they were discussing the decline of the Tennessee football program.

Phillip Fullmer, who had more success than Ferentz, was run out of town because Tennessee fans all complained because they weren't winning as much as they use to and the program seemed stale. Sounds kind of like Ferentz and the Iowa fan base.

Since getting rid of Fullmer in 2008, they are on their 4th head coach and the program is at the bottom of the conference.

The point they were making was that Tennessee fans need to realize that this is who they are now. I am sure many people will get defensive, but maybe 5-7, 6-6, 7-5, and maybe if we are lucky, 8-4 is who we are now??

Difference is they didn't pick the idiot Lane Kiffin or hire Derek Dooley (both insanely stupid moves). Having said that if you've watched Tennesse lately they had the number 5 team in the country down and out we ARE NOT COMPETITIVE WITH THE 35th best team in the country...we are worlds worse off now heading south quickly. Tennessee is now on a very good trajectory with Butch Jones.

Latest posts