Iowa Press Release on Matt Vandeberg

RobHowe

Administrator
WR MATT VANDEBERG TO MISS GAMES DUE TO INJURY

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Tuesday that senior wide receiver Matt VandeBerg is out of action indefinitely, due to injury.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound VandeBerg suffered a foot injury during practice on Monday. He is a native of Brandon, South Dakota, where he attended Brandon Valley High School. VandeBerg has played in all four games this season, leading the team in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns (19-284-3 TDs).

“It is unfortunate that Matt will miss some time due to his injury,” said Ferentz. “We know that Matt will work extremely hard to get back on the field as soon as possible. We feel confident that some of our younger receivers will step up in Matt’s absence.”

If the coaching staff is confident in them I see no need to worry. They see these guys every day so their confidence is rubbing off on me.

Surprised to see an official announcement, that too day after the injury occurs. Could the new3 kirk be screwing with his next opponent?

No time like the present for Young, Falconer, Nash, Scheel. Again, move Mitchell back to WR. Apparently he's back practicing.

If the coaching staff is confident in them I see no need to worry. They see these guys every day so their confidence is rubbing off on me.

You honestly didn't expect the Hawkeye staff to say, "Yeah, we might be hosed without Matt because our remaining WR crew probably isn't up to the task," did you? Of course, they're going to say that they have confidence going forward.

That release is a quick-a-minute, canned response that I'm sure Federici typed up for Ferentz to keep reporters off their backs for 15 minutes.

Any chance Mitchell could move back to WR? I see he's back in practice this week, Parker to.

As far as I'm concerned the younger guys stepping in for Matt will be fine. It's the other 10 starters on offense stepping up that we need to worry about. With or without Vandy this offense, with the exception of the ISU, has yet to really show anything. Now might be a good time to step up as a team.

Latest posts