Iowa/Penn State updates?

I wasnt going to get on here today and just wait to watch the broadcast tonight but i had to look and i just got done throwing up. I have followed iowa wrestling for a long time as most of you have and even in the Zalesky years I don't know if i remember so many guys just being flat footed. I realize we have some young guys, but you still have to put out more effort than what seems to be showing up on the mat under the lights. The talent is there, i just don't understand why we are wrestling the way we are.

I wasnt going to get on here today and just wait to watch the broadcast tonight but i had to look and i just got done throwing up. I have followed iowa wrestling for a long time as most of you have and even in the Zalesky years I don't know if i remember so many guys just being flat footed. I realize we have some young guys, but you still have to put out more effort than what seems to be showing up on the mat under the lights. The talent is there, i just don't understand why we are wrestling the way we are.

All I could do was listen, but they sounded like they wrestled just like they did against O$U. Flat footed and defensive. Every time we get released and there is separation we are getting caught. It's killing us time and again. Our shots are lazy and uninspired. No offense whatsoever.

The only way it could be worse was what I went througj: having to listenbto the PSU radio broadcast, we thought megalaudis threw McD to his back based on the announcer screaming incoherently, when it was a mere escape.

I think PSU should enjoy it while it lasts because the in-state talent at the HS level in PA is way down and It is going to catch up to Bail and Co.

I thought that most everyone after our first 3 weights wrestled that way last week against NW as well. We have the talent in the mid weights but I wonder if our young wrestlers are just feeling the weight a little of wrestling for a top ranked team and just having trouble adjusting? Lets face it, with out DSJ being healthy we have 3 huge holes that kill any emotion just because of lack of fire power and of course i am talking about 65, 84, and 97. Hwt will come, but again we have a young guy in there carrying alot of weight for a youngster. Coach will get these guys going, i just hope it is before tourney time.

You can get lucky and get top 5 at nationals? You are a gawd-awful troll.
Agree. Marion gets hot and Iowa has 3 potential finalist at 125-141. That alone will get you a top 3 finish. Get titles in all of those(not out of the realm of possibility), and you take 1st in all likelihood. Iowa is more a NCAA team this year than a dual team, and that is a big change from past seasons.

I will say Gambrall finally looked decent against MM. Gambrall intitiated "all" the action and McIntosh scored countering.

I thought the same in the McDonough match. I'm not sure Nico took one single shot, but he was active with his hands.

Evans did a pretty decent job against Taylor. He was pretty active and took some shots, although they weren't very effective. He didn't lie down like a lot of guys do against Taylor.

Lofthouse got manhandled and Ruth is an absolute stud. I don't think Lofthouse was really laying down either, he was just completely outmatched while on the bottom. He couldn't get off his stomach.

Wagner wrestled well again, just outmatched by a better wrestler....did well considering who he was up against.

Rasing back to the bench. They showed Telford off to the side and it was obvious he was pi$$ed he wasn't wrestling. Maybe this will get him going.

I still think Iowa was the more aggressive team other than the Taylor, Ruth and Wade matches. The Gambrall loss was most disappointing to me because you could tell he was really putting forth the effort to be aggressive...McIntosh didn't initiate any offense

Latest posts