Iowa/Penn state Tuesday score prediction.

I had Penn State as one of Iowa's losses at the beginning of the season.

Penn State does not appear to be as good as I thought they would be. That makes me believe Iowa has a decent chance to win on Saturday.

On the other hand, Iowa has a young, inexperinced team and showed this against Iowa State. The question is has Iowa improved enough and matured enough to play good, relatively errorless football on the road in a hostile environment? I think probably not.

Also, Penn State will probably be wanting this game badly as Iowa has owned them in recent years.

I think the game will be close (the winner by single digits in a twenty something game).

Prediction: Penn State by 5.

Last edited:
Iowa 91-90. Win on a missed extra point. After benching McGloin and Bolden a kid from the PSU stands comes out to play QB for them. (He's a mix of Denard, T-Mart, Steele, and R. Wilson). However his play is not enough as Paki is granted one more play of eligibility and blocks the PAT at the last second to secure the Iowa victory.

I still wonder about taking a safety in this game. All Penn State needed was a field goal to win

The coaching staff seemed to believe that punting from the back of the end zone was more dangerous than allowing the defense to have the full field to defend when a FG would beat Iowa. It seems to have been the right move.

I still wonder about taking a safety in this game. All Penn State needed was a field goal to win
The coaching staff seemed to believe that punting from the back of the end zone was more dangerous than allowing the defense to have the full field to defend when a FG would beat Iowa. It seems to have been the right move.
It appears to be a great call now. Didnt Bill Belicheck call the same kinda play in New England the week before?

49-24 Iowa. PSu picks up a couple of TD's in garbage time after being down big. Iowa goes No Huddle to start the game on their first 3 possessions and score 3 td's. They then revert to old school huddle mode and Coker finally has a big game and runs for 3 TD's on the day and 175yards. Canzeri breaks a 73 yard run for a TD as well. Hyde also gets in on the scoring and gets a Pick 6 right before halftime with iowa up 35-3 at this point. PSU is not able to get any drive consistency and fail many times at mid field.

I'm thinking as long as Iowa takes care of the ball it will be Iowa 31 PSU 13 with the their touchdown coming near the end of the game.

The Hawks score 10 in the first Qtr and get two of their touchdowns in the 4th. Not sure when the other two touch downs happen so I am going with one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd.

Latest posts