Iowa Pausing Ticket Sales for 2020 Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selfishly, I really wish the football and basketball seasons would be cancelled. Maybe a delay until spring would work, but at that point, just wait until fall of 2021. I know it would be a logistical nightmare with scholarships, eligibility, and of course, $$. At my age, I just do not see myself at Kinnick or CHA in 2020. I probably have a lot of company.

Selfishly, I really wish the football and basketball seasons would be cancelled. Maybe a delay until spring would work, but at that point, just wait until fall of 2021. I know it would be a logistical nightmare with scholarships, eligibility, and of course, $$. At my age, I just do not see myself at Kinnick or CHA in 2020. I probably have a lot of company.

I'd definitely go and if they only allow in say 17,000 I imagine they will easily get 17,000 to sign on to be there.

There are people on this board and all around who think it is down to just each person's personal choice whether to socially distance, wear masks, sanitize, get in close contact playing sports, living in dormitories, etc.

But it is not a personal choice situation because we all do not live in a bubble. This virus spreads because it is not a personal disease. It is totally against any kind of public health thinking if infections go up to keep doing what your are doing.

I have heard that the UI medical people said some of these infections around the football program were with people coming back to practice who tested positive and were put in quarantine supposedly for 14 days so they may have caught a lot of it before it spread.

But the latest research shows so infected people still giving off virus and being infectious 6 weeks after contracting Covid so that also can shoot the shit out of the 14 day quarantine practice.

The only way you can play is with no crowds, a very stretched out sidelines and extended allowances for substitutions and testing of everyone several times a week. And if one player is positive you don’t play that week.

Which is to say just cancel the season.

You actually have to test everyone, everyday and get the results quick before the players and staff get together.

Testing every 2nd or 3rd day doesnt cut it. Just ask the White HOuse as they tested every one and got results before they were allowed into the premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.