Iowa Opponents Terrorized by Refs!

I

ILHawk

To Iowa fans who are referee haters...This one's for you!

Texas PA shot 17 less free throws....homers!

Howard 13 less! Bad Refs!

GW 17 fewer f/t's. Refs bow to better program!

Tx CC - 19 difference. Why do refs do that? Let them play the game...disgusting!

Iowa sure bought off the refs....

Tx CC - 19 difference. Why do refs do that? Let them play the game...disgusting!

AWKWARD

I get it and I agree. But the way the OP went about making his point comes off as immature and trollish. (about right for this place):rolleyes:

Every game is perfectly officiated. We get it.

No game is perfectly officiated. But to think the refs are out to get a team is just being ignorant to the times where it is lopsided in our favor. Complaining about refs is just sad and petty. Part of sport is adapting to the way the game is being called. Pitchers must adapt to the strike zone, dbs must adapt to how interference gets called from game to game, and bball players must adapt to the way fouls are being called. Deal and move on it is just a game btw.

9k=

A lot of it is White. He is getting to the FT line like a monster. Then the rest of the fouls end up about right. Take Whites free throws away and it evens out.

No game is perfectly officiated. But to think the refs are out to get a team is just being ignorant to the times where it is lopsided in our favor. Complaining about refs is just sad and petty. Part of sport is adapting to the way the game is being called. Pitchers must adapt to the strike zone, dbs must adapt to how interference gets called from game to game, and bball players must adapt to the way fouls are being called. Deal and move on it is just a game btw.

Yup, cuz I said all that.

The OP would be valid if all those teams play at the same skill level as Iowa. I believe Iowa and VT have the same caliber of players yet VT shot 12 more free throws. That shouldn't happen unless one team is chucking 3's which I believe we didn't. The ISU game was the best officiated game in my opinion. Iowa shot 1 more free throw and had the same amount of fouls until ISU was forced to foul at the end.

I get it and I agree. But the way the OP went about making his point comes off as immature and trollish. (about right for this place):rolleyes:

If you can't beat em...join em...

The referee thing is really getting old. Get's ones attention.

Bit of analysis. When Iowa got destroyed by refs at UNI, Iowa shot only 33% from the line. The Iowa opponents evened things up by doing ft's pretty well.

Almost all the time, when one team is hammered by ft's, its do to late of offensive aggression, improper defense fundamentals, lack of speed, or failure to adjust.

The OP would be valid if all those teams play at the same skill level as Iowa. I believe Iowa and VT have the same caliber of players yet VT shot 12 more free throws. That shouldn't happen unless one team is chucking 3's which I believe we didn't. The ISU game was the best officiated game in my opinion. Iowa shot 1 more free throw and had the same amount of fouls until ISU was forced to foul at the end.

VT was plenty more aggressive than Iowa that game. Yes, there were a few bad calls. But every game has them and it didn't cost Iowa that game.

You leave out that VT was actually better at guard play do to experience. That creates fouls.

OP your logic is flawed. If a team is more agressive or drives to the basket more and plays a perimeter oriented team than yes there will be a discrepencie* in the fould totals. Iowa is a very agressive attack oriented team, especially White. but yes there are times when there is home town reffing. I forgot which game maybe the vatech game, where the other team had way more ft's then we did even tho we attacked the rim just as agressivley as they did.

OP your logic is flawed. If a team is more agressive or drives to the basket more and plays a perimeter oriented team than yes there will be a discrepencie* in the fould totals. Iowa is a very agressive attack oriented team, especially White. but yes there are times when there is home town reffing. I forgot which game maybe the vatech game, where the other team had way more ft's then we did even tho we attacked the rim just as agressivley as they did.

But on this message board, the logic only seems to run one way and that is what is tiresome. And no way in our 2 losses can the claim be made to equal attack. You are also assuming equal fundamentals. That has yet to be proven. Our bigs lack fundamentals big time. Promise you that AW draws more fouls than he gives. Although I believe any player ending a game in a loss with less than 3 fouls was not testing the limits.

Still, you can't watch VT's game and say there was equal attack and fundamentals at the guard play. Your analysis is flawed. Quickness also has to be factored. We are not quick inside.

Things are much improved over last year. My main point is about UNI. They have been taking us to fundamentals school.

But this isn't true, at least from my perspective. We didn't attack nearly as much as them, especially on the O boards. We got some easy dunks from White, but they were attacking man-to-man.

I actually thought the ISU game was a terribly officiated game. First, ISU gets called for every ticky-tack contact. Then they let both teams go at it and get pretty rough. Then Iowa started getting called for the little stuff. The numbers might have played out alright, but it was a pretty inconsistently-officiated game, IMO.

So you are saying that NCAA basketball officials are overly affected by the crowd of the home team?

What a true revelation.

Latest posts