Iowa opens at 1 point favorite at Nebraska

I've watched passing teams move the ball pretty well against iowa this year. And Iowa's poor pass rush combine to make me very concerned about this game.

Lots of teams have beaten themselves against Iowa this year IMO. I'd like to see Iowa play their best game to wrap the season. I think they're motivated, and I think the hawks have the right mind set.

The nation will be watching to see what to make of this Iowa team.

GO HAWKS!

Nebraska can pile up yards, but they're also prone to turnovers. If we can get back to the defense we saw at the beginning of the season I like our chances of forcing 3 or 4 turnovers.

I've watched passing teams move the ball pretty well against iowa this year. And Iowa's poor pass rush combine to make me very concerned about this game.

Lots of teams have beaten themselves against Iowa this year IMO. I'd like to see Iowa play their best game to wrap the season. I think they're motivated, and I think the hawks have the right mind set.

GO HAWKS!

Well said. There's a lot of people hoping that Iowa chokes up and loses this game, because they believe we don't deserve to be here. Hopefully our boys will play a complete game Friday, and put a beating on Nebby! I've always seen this game as a good recruiting tool, because there's not to many games on Black Friday and it puts a lot of eyes on our Hawkeye's. This is our time to be on the big stage! Go Iowa!

I couldn't be happier with the situation. A month ago I was hoping for this exact situation: Iowa with the chance to go 12-0 while keeping Nebraska from bowl eligibility.

The greater the risk the greater the reward.

GO HAWKS!

^^ Not sure what you mean here. ISU didnt beat themselves as much as the hawks controlled them. Wisky made some stupid mistakes which helped Iowa. Pitt was an even game, the hawks totally controlled jNW, maryland and Indiana. We all saw the hawks give up big plays against Minny and Purdue was a weather type game where the hawks dominated with the wind.

Tell me which are these lot of teams that have beaten themselves.

I think Parker has a short time line, but needs to dial up a couple of surprises with our D for Nebbie. We stay with the same old same old and I am really worried. I am sympathetic...we are playing with a no depth, injury affected D. But, man, we have really given up a lot of yards the last three games. NO, I am not smart enough to suggest a solution!

If we don't start getting at opposing quarterbacks, especially against Nebraska, we're effed. I love Iowa sports more than anything except my kid but it's the truth.

The Hawks have had more than a couple games under lock and key this year, but let offenses walk untouched down the field once they had to start hurrying and throwing. Desmond King can't stop an offense by himself and fans need to realize that. Anytime I mention how decrepit our pass D has been this year all I hear is about DK and his INTs. That's great, but what about the other 3 receivers out there? Put consistent pressure on Armstrong and we win. Period.

I'm a little nervous about King. On one of his near-misses yesterday (right around the two yard line), he got up slowly and started limping. He waived off the coaching staff who asked if he needed to come out. He wasn't quite the same after that. Any news?

We are the Upset Special this week. Let's curb stomp those mfkers and prove we deserve our ranking.

The defense needs to strap on and get after it. Play with some fire hot hate.

We are the Upset Special this week. Let's curb stomp those mfkers and prove we deserve our ranking.

The defense needs to strap on and get after it. Play with some fire hot hate.

agreed. Need to put them 9 feet under. There is a reason they lost
6 games THEY AINT THAT GOOD FOLKS

Nebraska's pass defense is awful but CJ can't continue to overthrow the deep ball so badly otherwise it allows them to just dare Iowa to throw deep.

Also, the defense can't continue to both not get pressure and lose contain.

I think Parker has a short time line, but needs to dial up a couple of surprises with our D for Nebbie. We stay with the same old same old and I am really worried. I am sympathetic...we are playing with a no depth, injury affected D. But, man, we have really given up a lot of yards the last three games. NO, I am not smart enough to suggest a solution!

[video=youtube;el5QXV-W5_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5QXV-W5_g[/video]