Iowa one of 3 Big Ten schools to vote to keep fall sports.

Yet all 14 member institutions have in person classes on their campus I believe. The absolute hypocrisy on display in the BIG is comical,

And if you look at a political map, (with the exception of Indiana), it falls in line with Red vs Blue. University of Indiana head McRobbie is the chair of the board of Association of American Universities and the vice chair of the board for the University of Indiana hospital systems. Also the chair of the search committee that hired Kevin Warren. I'm guessing he had some outside pressure.

And if you look at a political map, (with the exception of Indiana), it falls in line with Red vs Blue. University of Indiana head McRobbie is the chair of the board of Association of American Universities and the vice chair of the board for the University of Indiana hospital systems. Also the chair of the search committee that hired Kevin Warren. I'm guessing he had some outside pressure.
Shocker.... So what's it take to get Presidents removed from these schools? (besides sex scandals like at Liberty) I mean are the schools other leaders and faculty ok with it? Obviously the coaches and ADs aren't.

I heard a good discussion this morning on the radio, that they need 9 schools total to make a viable season and to move forward as a conference. In other words, it would not have to be unanimous, but 5 schools could sit it out while the other 9 play. The key is Michigan, and more directly, the University of Michigan. If it changes votes, so will Michigan State. That will assuredly draw in the two Indiana Schools and Penn State is not going to be left out of football. That gets us to 8.

Maryland has a Republican Governor (contrary to what was posted above). But, I do not see any of the East Coast schools having a great appetite to start playing. I also do not see Illinois opening up. That state has been very cautious on COVID. Likely Minny or Wisky would need to cross.

But again, Michigan is the big gun in this whole deal.

Maryland's governor is Republican too. A very moderate one, admittedly. There are a lot of factors in these votes, and I agree political affiliations in the state governments is having an impact. There are a lot of purple states in our conference. Politics pervades everything.

Michigan State is on-line only without undergrads on campus. Other members schools have limited in-person classes.

Maryland's governor is Republican too. A very moderate one, admittedly. There are a lot of factors in these votes, and I agree political affiliations in the state governments is having an impact. There are a lot of purple states in our conference. Politics pervades everything.

You are right about the purple states. Think that is why you are seeing this guy get involved. Imagine if you could save college football before the election.

Tweet

See new Tweets
Conversation

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Had a very productive conversation with Kevin Warren, Commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, about immediately starting up Big Ten football. Would be good (great!) for everyone - Players, Fans, Country. On the one yard line

You are right about the purple states. Think that is why you are seeing this guy get involved. Imagine if you could save college football before the election.

Tweet

See new Tweets
Conversation

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Had a very productive conversation with Kevin Warren, Commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, about immediately starting up Big Ten football. Would be good (great!) for everyone - Players, Fans, Country. On the one yard line

He had that same conversation with North Korea.

https://247sports.com/Article/big-t...ed-11-3-college-football-covid-19--150912343/

Not surprising given the recent activity by Iowa, Nebraska, and Ohio State. I would likely think these other 11 schools did not want this vote revealed. A lot of explaining to donors, boosters and others affected.
Absolutely! I’m sure other conferences will use this AGAINST any kid being recruited by BIG teams. At least we can say we weren’t one of the wimps that voted to cancel

Latest posts