Iowa offers 2012 Class QB...a Juco

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Cody Sokol

Scout.com: Cody Sokol Profile

this, according to an article Rob Howe has written on the kid, with quotes...he has three years to play two.

Not a bad move, given Derby's move to LB...he and Ruddock would battle it out for the starting job in the spring of 2013. Ruddock would have three years to play at that time, Sokol two...IF he commits to Iowa, that is...which he has not.

From the article: As a sophomore, Sokol threw for 3,807 yards and 43 touchdowns with 10 interceptions for Scottsdale. He completed 253 of 424 pass attempts (59.7 percent).

Last edited:
I like this move. If Jake isn't quite yet ready for the starter role, get someone who atleast has some experience instead of two rs soph/freshman battling it out.

He's originally from Ankeny/Des Moines and moved to Arizona with his mom when he was young. This was according to a poster on HR's recruiting board that said he was Sokol's uncle.

AZ extended their offer, it could be a huge coincidence but that's two QBs that were originally recruited by AZ that we are now getting in the mix with. Just odd is all

Do you know the name of the guy backing up RG3? Exactly. Then why bother knowing the name of the guy backing up Ruddock? Hope this kid looks impressive holding a clipboard.

Makes perfect sense.. will fill Derby's spot and his years left.

Didn't appear we were in on any great QBs this year and it's down to just one left.. but next year, ILL/IA/WI have a few good ones we are already in on.

Do you know the name of the guy backing up RG3? Exactly. Then why bother knowing the name of the guy backing up Ruddock? Hope this kid looks impressive holding a clipboard.

Because he would play for the hawks and I give a rip about Baylor. I hope you're right and Ruddock wins the hiesman though

I have a feeling Ferentz is changing things up slowly, with regards to getting JUCO players. This kid video looks pretty good. He also should extend an offer to the TE that this JUCO QB was throwing to.

I think this is a bad sign. Must mean that Ruddock isn't what we thought he was

Whether you are being serious or not...

It makes sense to have at least two quarterbacks on your roster, right? ;)

After the 2012 season, as of right now, Jake Rudock is the lone scholarship quarterback on the roster.

Latest posts