Iowa offensive issues

Iceman

People argue the lack of offense is not the staff. Rudock goes to Michigan and played way better and more consistent than with Iowa and is now in NFL with Lions. Beathard was average at Iowa and inconsistent. Now in NFL with the Niners. How can it not be the coaching and system when players produce when they leave. Talent was there. We have had KOK, Davis, and now JR. and still the same plays all three ran as OC. Wise up people, big daddy Kirk is calling the plays and running the offense and always has. The main job of the Iowa OC is to deflect criticism away from the source of the problem.

Probable is a joke going around the NFL about how to stop CJ by the defensive coaches in the league. The answer most likely is have him play for Iowa.

We have no identity with BF at the helm. We used to be able to run and set up everything else. Now we can't run so all we can do is pass but our receivers can't get consistent separation and our line gets ran over. So what do we do? We resort to the QB draw lol. Gimmick reverse plays that never work. And I am so sick of the theory of running on 3rd down to set up a manageable 4th and short. Get the first down on 3rd like a normal team. Lastly, we have to stop running up the gut for no gain on 2nd and 10.

It begins and ends with the o-line. Once the injuries hit, the whole thing falls apart. Iowa can't scheme around it.

It begins and ends with the o-line. Once the injuries hit, the whole thing falls apart. Iowa can't scheme around it.

While I believe there is more to it than just the OL, you’re pretty much spot on. Iowa needs to a solid OL to have a chance on offense and when they don’t they refuse to adjust.

While I believe there is more to it than just the OL, you’re pretty much spot on. Iowa needs to a solid OL to have a chance on offense and when they don’t they refuse to adjust.

I don't have an answer to this. Other than cliches like: "putting your players in places to succeed".

Last edited:
Iowa, for some reason, does not want to make the other team uncomfortable. No pressure on them on offense or defense. I’m done this season, I have better ways to waste Saturdays

Iowa, for some reason, does not want to make the other team uncomfortable. No pressure on them on offense or defense. I’m done this season, I have better ways to waste Saturdays

You'll be back boat...we always come back for the "maybe it'll be different"...and then....

Sigh.

tenor.gif

Wow it is a Boat sighting. But I am with the Boat and I said it earlier today that this season has 2012 all over it.

Latest posts