Iowa - NW game thread

Teams shooting 50% and above against us is getting old. Hopefully they stop hitting threes and we play defense in the second half.

Good defense to end the half. More of that would be nice. Iowa can come back in this by guarding the three point line, keep the back cut door closed and by taking care of the ball on their end. I'm not sure why Cartwright looks like he's never seen a press before. More Marble running the point and drive and kick to Gatens or Oglesby. That combo should work if his drive gets cut off.

its a zone....pass the ball...cut.... Easier said than done...I'm sure...but why the hell are we allowing three NW PLAYERS to trap us at the top of the key....And not even pass it to an open guy.

What would NW do if Iowa passed the ball to the post? It's either going to leave the big man down low with a simple(-ish) shot or they'll collapse and leave perimeter players open, right? Can't that help exploit this D?

Good defense to end the half. More of that would be nice. Iowa can come back in this by guarding the three point line, keep the back cut door closed and by taking care of the ball on their end. I'm not sure why Cartwright looks like he's never seen a press before. More Marble running the point and drive and kick to Gatens or Oglesby. That combo should work if his drive gets cut off.

It should but Oglesby is afraid to shoot. Rather see Gatens and White.

The key to this game now is the first 5 minutes of the second half. This has been where Iowa wins/loses games. Going on 8 point runs to start the half has happened a lot but giving them up at this point in the game has happened quite often too.

Latest posts