Iowa not alone

PSU will be fine even though they are - 0-2 they're good

Minny had no defense, none. But they might outscore some teams and the D will improve

Nebraska, they expected to lose to OSU, and it was merciful that thy dodged Wisconsin. They'll be OK now

Michigan... I duno, that was completely unexpected...not so much that they turned in a stinker, but that Sparty was good enough.

Iowa's problems are interior. Practice won't fix whats wrong with Iowa.

After sleeping on the lost to NW to me the most obvious problem is inexperience at QB. Adding to the problems Iowa did not get their spring practices in before the pandemic shutdown it. Both units are struggling to learn to work together and I am sure the coaches are having to audition some players in game time situations. It is not like Iowa was beaten like a drum by Purdue or Northwestern. Turnovers has been it biggest foe to date. For the offense to get better Petras has to play smarter and learn to be calm. His confidence has to be real low after Saturday.

After sleeping on the lost to NW to me the most obvious problem is inexperience at QB. Adding to the problems Iowa did not get their spring practices in before the pandemic shutdown it. Both units are struggling to learn to work together and I am sure the coaches are having to audition some players in game time situations. It is not like Iowa was beaten like a drum by Purdue or Northwestern. Turnovers has been it biggest foe to date. For the offense to get better Petras has to play smarter and learn to be calm. His confidence has to be real low after Saturday.
Northwestern spotted Iowa 14 points and still won. The score was close, but that game could have been really ugly. This team looks to be among Iowa's worst under Ferentz in terms of talent in the trenches. That typically does not bode well for Iowa.

PSU will be fine even though they are - 0-2 they're good

Minny had no defense, none. But they might outscore some teams and the D will improve

Nebraska, they expected to lose to OSU, and it was merciful that thy dodged Wisconsin. They'll be OK now

Michigan... I duno, that was completely unexpected...not so much that they turned in a stinker, but that Sparty was good enough.

Iowa's problems are interior. Practice won't fix whats wrong with Iowa.

Not sure why Minny's D will improve but Iowa's O won't. Neither is good and unlikely to improve much.

PSU is really missing having a playmaker at QB.

The Michigan game was weird. Michigan State is terrible but I guess it is a rivalry game.

Kansas State got trucked by a crappy West Virginia team. It was just a weird weekend in general for college football.

With that said if Iowa doesn't make a switch at QB they'll be lucky to win a game. These first two games were Iowa's easiest games and they blew both of them.

Not sure why Minny's D will improve but Iowa's O won't. Neither is good and unlikely to improve much.

PSU is really missing having a playmaker at QB.

The Michigan game was weird. Michigan State is terrible but I guess it is a rivalry game.

Kansas State got trucked by a crappy West Virginia team. It was just a weird weekend in general for college football.

With that said if Iowa doesn't make a switch at QB they'll be lucky to win a game. These first two games were Iowa's easiest games and they blew both of them.
Iowa will have to go 0-5 before a QB switch is even considered.
A first year starter isn’t getting dumped after 2 games.

If EVER there was a time to catch Sparty this is it. It will be Tuesday or Wednesday before they get their heads out of the clouds, and its going to be hard for them to take an 0-2 team seriously after having just upset their biggest rival.

If EVER there was a time to catch Sparty this is it. It will be Tuesday or Wednesday before they get their heads out of the clouds, and its going to be hard for them to take an 0-2 team seriously after having just upset their biggest rival.

Yep MSU is primed for a letdown game.

Northwestern spotted Iowa 14 points and still won. The score was close, but that game could have been really ugly. This team looks to be among Iowa's worst under Ferentz in terms of talent in the trenches. That typically does not bode well for Iowa.

14 points with 50 minutes to go is nothing in modern college football, except the hawks forgot to score in the 2nd half. That 3rd qtr offensive playcalling and execution with the wind behind their back was terrible. I knew to about 95% chance NW would beat them in the 4th qtr.

Funny thing is the hawks actually moved the ball decent at times into the wind both of those qtrs,

14 points with 50 minutes to go is nothing in modern college football, except the hawks forgot to score in the 2nd half. That 3rd qtr offensive playcalling and execution with the wind behind their back was terrible. I knew to about 95% chance NW would beat them in the 4th qtr.

Funny thing is the hawks actually moved the ball decent at times into the wind both of those qtrs,

When we had to settle for a FG to make it 17-0, I texted my buddy that it was over. I had a bad feeling at that point that it was 95% likely we would lose. It was reminiscent of the 2010 game in Evanston. Windy as hell, the offense could move it a little bit and then would stall, 'cats just played their game.

When we had to settle for a FG to make it 17-0, I texted my buddy that it was over. I had a bad feeling at that point that it was 95% likely we would lose. It was reminiscent of the 2010 game in Evanston. Windy as hell, the offense could move it a little bit and then would stall, 'cats just played their game.
I think that despite Ramsey's and Fitz's brave talk, 21-0 would have finished jNW. Petras had Beyer crossing the back of the end zone with the route Noah Fant made so famous. Didn't quite have the time to set his feet and led him halfway to Davenport.

I liked the wildcat play with Goodison that got down to the two yard line. Wouldn't have minded seeing it again. We had some success early running right up the gut, before Fitz put approximately 47 men in the box and filled every gap.

More important, Fitz knew it. He told the sideline reporter coming out of the halftime locker room that they would win. He was right.

Unfortunately Fitz owns Ferentz. When the game is close, you can bet your coins Fitz will pull it out. He is a equal in pregame preps to Ferentz, but better at the in game management of scheme and players. I think he's like 9-6 vs Iowa now.

I would say Michigan, Minnesota, and Penn State are bigger disappointments but Iowa and Nebraska are right there.
Michigan I would say is far and away the largest of them all anyway.

MN is still getting used to the idea of being a decent program.

PSU yeah sure they want to hunt with the big dogs but OSU is still OSU no shame in losing to them or at least their shouldn't be.

NE has been medicore or worse for quite awhile now and their realistic expectations shouldn't have flipped all that much.

Iowa yeah I'm bummed but not for how I would have thought. Losing to Purdue and NW (two teams that have had our numbers) isn't terrible on it's own. It's how they've lost. First game was beyond sloppy with penalties and TOs with a new QB that pretty much wasted the whole first quarter. Then NW game the playcalling I thought didn't give us a huge chance (yeah it was windy) Why can't we run the ball? I think it's the zone blocking scheme/play calling of it more so then personnel. It's too easy to defend with smart LBs that stay in their gaps and play their assignments which NW and Fitz do pretty darn well.... Macho football is tougher to get away with these days. Everybody lifts. Now it's more about math and numbers. You gotta spread teams out to give yourself an advantage. Like on Goodsons TD that's a perfect example of what works. But that I formation zone scheme won't work over and over. It just won't