Iowa - Northwestern Game Thread

I'm not even excited. Only time I remember being this apathetic after a close win was in 2014 when we were behind Ball State 13-3 going into the 4th and scored 14 in the 4th.

My wife and I took our 2 sons, ages 6 and 8 to their first game and was hoping to get them hooked with a 40 point win. I guess not. We were pissed and our boys were bored out of their minds.
LOL,
A good dose of Kirk ball.

I would trade Brian for the Liberty’s flames offensive coordinator.

I'm not even excited. Only time I remember being this apathetic after a close win was in 2014 when we were behind Ball State 13-3 going into the 4th and scored 14 in the 4th.

My wife and I took our 2 sons, ages 6 and 8 to their first game and was hoping to get them hooked with a 40 point win. I guess not. We were pissed and our boys were bored out of their minds.

It’s hard to describe how bad these games are in person.

It’s hard to describe how bad these games are in person.

The extra commercials are brutal. Gotta be worse in person. Only game we went to was the WMU game. First half was brutal. Can't imagine 2 halves of that. Mix in 15 minutes of trying to fix the turf. In an old stadium...with awkward football views.

Hell, I'd trade him for their defensive coordinator. Couldn't be worse. Liberty would be getting a good one too. Nobody can keep a team from scoring better than BF.
It is so so hard to see talent at QB and wide receivers at so many schools. Some teams like Iowa just can’t have nice offensive things I guess.

It’s alll about the mindset of the guy driving the plane. The captain just refuses to put the flaps up and let the offense fly.

While listening to From the Hawkeye of the Storm post-game show with Coach Don Patterson a caller said that Coach Bob Stoops was at the game. Don't know if that was true or not.

Iowa went 8 quarters without a touchdown until Ostrenga scored in the 3rd Qtr today. No TD's in 2nd half vs Wisc, none versus Minnesota and none in the first half vs NW. Hill was functional today other than his interception throw. Overall little to no improvement from two weeks ago.

Iowa went 8 quarters without a touchdown until Ostrenga scored in the 3rd Qtr today. No TD's in 2nd half vs Wisc, none versus Minnesota and none in the first half vs NW. Hill was functional today other than his interception throw. Overall little to no improvement from two weeks ago.
Hill was absolutely not functional today. The coaches were scared to throw the ball for most of the game. That being said the oline is absolutely not functional 90 percent of the time. Brian wouldn’t look like such a terrible offensive coordinator if the oline was decent. Hill would look better if the oline was better albeit he still wouldn’t be very good. Our receivers would look way better if the oline and quarterback were serviceable. Barnett should have been fired before Brian but unfortunately we know Kirk isn’t going to do that. We also need a good quarterback coach. Brian is not any good at that but I don’t think we’ve had any decent quarterback coaches in Kirks tenure.

6 and 8 are too young they have to feed on your energy. Gotta cut it with lots of fun things to create positive associative, if your angry that won’t help.

Hill was absolutely not functional today. The coaches were scared to throw the ball for most of the game. That being said the oline is absolutely not functional 90 percent of the time. Brian wouldn’t look like such a terrible offensive coordinator if the oline was decent. Hill would look better if the oline was better albeit he still wouldn’t be very good. Our receivers would look way better if the oline and quarterback were serviceable. Barnett should have been fired before Brian but unfortunately we know Kirk isn’t going to do that. We also need a good quarterback coach. Brian is not any good at that but I don’t think we’ve had any decent quarterback coaches in Kirks tenure.
Didn’t think the O-line was bad, Hill is just too slow on his progressions and not elusive.

While listening to From the Hawkeye of the Storm post-game show with Coach Don Patterson a caller said that Coach Bob Stoops was at the game. Don't know if that was true or not.
Honestly Kirk just doesn’t seem himself, haven’t seen a smile in quite a while. Looked angry in game and postgame. Got a feeling this is it for him. Could be quietly working on a seamless transition. That’s a really good site, love Cory’s and Don’s perspective.

It is so so hard to see talent at QB and wide receivers at so many schools. Some teams like Iowa just can’t have nice offensive things I guess.

It’s alll about the mindset of the guy driving the plane. The captain just refuses to put the flaps up and let the offense fly.

Yeah, sometimes I watch Division 2 teams and marvel at how well their QBs can pass the ball

Quickly and accurately

Perhaps within a Nanosecond

Latest posts