Iowa Nike Pro Combat Gear

dobhawk43

Hawks,
I spoke with Kirk at a I club event and he said that we would for sure be wearing combat gear uniforms in the next two seasons. I know this is not ground breaking info for most of you, but I thought it was pretty cool that he shared that with me, a regular Hawkeye fan. Look for this, as it is coming our way in the next two years! Pretty cool!

You had a chance to speak with Kirk and you asked him about what uniforms they'll be wearing? Man... you should have got us some info on how the RB's or DL is looking.

That is pretty cool they are willing to branch out a bit in regards to the uniforms. It's not a big deal to me, but I know it can be a recruiting advantage so I'm all for it. Plus I think Nike could make some pretty bada$$ looking uniforms with the black and gold combination. Which will also help sell some jerseys and create additional income.

Last edited:
Personally, I think all those gimmickly uniforms look like hell. Although, I thought Oregon's helmets for the Rose Bowl last year were fairly sweet.

One game of pro combats will look better than the hideous throwbacks that will be worn this year.

I would love to see these uniforms become a reality for one or two games a year. Granted, they need to be done right (not like the neon/lime green unis that Oregon has). I want to see the flying Herky on the helmet with a mostly black uni. Either that or on the shoulder would be cool too. I'd hope to see these uni's worn for the CyHawk game and probably the yearly night game in Kinnick. If these unis are done right they will help in recruiting and exposure. I'm all for that.

I have only heard a few people say they think the throwbacks this year are ugly. Those few won't be at the games this year anyways. When the whole team comes running out with them on they will look great. Plus, they have the uniform with the pants up at scheels, looks great.

I would love to see these uniforms become a reality for one or two games a year. Granted, they need to be done right (not like the neon/lime green unis that Oregon has). I want to see the flying Herky on the helmet with a mostly black uni. Either that or on the shoulder would be cool too. I'd hope to see these uni's worn for the CyHawk game and probably the yearly night game in Kinnick. If these unis are done right they will help in recruiting and exposure. I'm all for that.

I would like them to have them for a Wisconsin, OSU, or Mich personally. That way people will actually see them outside of Iowa. I don't think anyone outside of the state could give two sh(ts about the ISU game.

I would like them to have them for a Wisconsin, OSU, or Mich personally. That way people will actually see them outside of Iowa. I don't think anyone outside of the state could give two sh(ts about the ISU game.

I say the ISU game for rivalry purposes mostly and the night game is always televised as well. I live in Montana and the CyHawk game has been televised here every year since they won the bowl game against Texas Tech. So it wouldn't go totally unnoticed. I do see your thoughts regarding it being more of a national stage when playing the schools you mentioned. I would like to see it against Wisconsin as well but I really want to see that game played every season again though.

I say the ISU game for rivalry purposes mostly and the night game is always televised as well. I live in Montana and the CyHawk game has been televised here every year since they won the bowl game against Texas Tech. So it wouldn't go totally unnoticed. I do see your thoughts regarding it being more of a national stage when playing the schools you mentioned. I would like to see it against Wisconsin as well but I really want to see that game played every season again though.

Totally agree, not playing Wisconsin every year is a joke.

Latest posts