Iowa needs a clean game next week

HaydensHawk

...and a decisive win.

Not necessarily a blowout, but a solid win at home next week.

Eliminate penalties and turnovers and we should win the rest of these games.

...and a decisive win.

We need it for us and NOT because it will not help our BCS rankings at least this week our overall record has more weight. Iowa Needs Penn State to win out and needs OSU to be near the top 10 when we play in 2 weeks. If Iowa wins out I guarantee that we will be rated 4 in the human polls. If we are, then it is up to the computer to decide if we can get to number 2. It is totally possible. The computer will LOVE us if we win out.

I am going to let the football team worry about Northwestern. I will say this...Northwestern can put points on the board so we better be ready. Also we struggle against that type of offense.

We need it for us and NOT because it will not help our BCS rankings at least this week our overall record has more weight. Iowa Needs Penn State to win out and needs OSU to be near the top 10 when we play in 2 weeks. If Iowa wins out I guarantee that we will be rated 4 in the human polls. If we are, then it is up to the computer to decide if we can get to number 2. It is totally possible. The computer will LOVE us if we win out.

I am going to let the football team worry about Northwestern. I will say this...Northwestern can put points on the board so we better be ready. Also we struggle against that type of offense.

OSU and Penn State play each other next weekend. No way PSU can win out AND OSU be near top 10 when we play in 2 weeks. If PSU beats OSU, the Bucks will be lucky if they are still ranked when we play them in 2 weeks.

I have been thinking and saying this for nine weeks and it really hasn't happened. Yet, the Hawks are 9-0. Keep winning ugly as long as they win!!!

OSU and Penn State play each other next weekend. No way PSU can win out AND OSU be near top 10 when we play in 2 weeks. If PSU beats OSU, the Bucks will be lucky if they are still ranked when we play them in 2 weeks.

I agree with this, except I think the last sentence is a bit of a stretch. OSU is in the mid/low-teens now, so I think even if they lose, they probably won't drop lower than 20 or so.

I have been thinking and saying this for nine weeks and it really hasn't happened. Yet, the Hawks are 9-0. Keep winning ugly as long as they win!!!
I don't know who said it, but some coach said he'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Hawks have yet to play their best game.

I agree Iowa needs to clean things up next week and be sharp against Northwestern. Then Iowa needs to be ready to play their best game of the year against Ohio State.

Not sure what the status of NW QB Kafka is. If it's a hamsting my guess is he won't play. Even without Kafka Iowa had better be ready against Northwestern. Hawks cannot afford a Indiana hangover repeat and expect to win this coming Saturday.

Hopefully this will be Ricky's worst throwing game, I mean the 5 interceptions.
If he can eliminate the poor decisions, and the winds are calm he can lead this team to a 12-0 season, he just has to make better decisions.
The 3rd quarter against the wind should have been a short throwing or grind in out run attack, but I understand that being down 10pts doesn't really allow alot of 3 yrd gains and 25-30 yrd punts into the wind. (not a recipe for a comeback).

I get sick of hearing that "we need a clean game". It won't matter. We just need to keep winning. The pollsters look at the score and that's about it. I could care less how we win as long as we get the "W".

...and a decisive win.

Iowa could be playing Dowling this week and they would need a clean game. Just get the win.

Go Penn State.

We need a clean game, nice easy win if, for no other reason, the Hawkeyes with weak Hearts have got to be dropping like flies. I almost had the big one yesterday!

Latest posts