Iowa/Nebraska to be on Friday

I see both sides. On one I think it's great for Nebby and Iowa as well as the Big Ten for exposure. The other side sucks for those that don't get that day off like most do.

I am sure there are plenty of people that don't like Sat. night games or in the case of the Big East playing Thursday night games.

Pros outweigh the Cons in my book.

Yeaa don't have to getup early and take Grandma shopping instead get up early to go tailgating and take all of the leftovers with us from Turkey day.Doesn't get any better than that.Go Hawks

Outside of the birth of a child, there is no valid reason to miss this game.
Certainly not because of "work".

bad for the players. Now they will have to travel on T-day and be ready for the game instead of being able to go eat at other players homes on T-day then travel on black friday. this is dumb.

This is wrong I think. This gives the players two days off before classes start again on Monday. With the game on Saturday I doubt they got a traditional family Thanksgiving anyway. Though they would recognize it on Friday instead of Thursday this will certainly allow players more family time.

You Hawkeyes have weddings on Saturdays in the fall?

No, our relatives and friends that happen to be ISU fans or happen to have sand in their vaginas do.

Also, I don't like this decision. To me, it really doesn't matter from a logistical standpoint. That said, college football games are played on SATURDAY! I am against this, and think that Nebraska should have to come to IC for the first game in return for us agreeing to their tradition of playing on Friday.

It's a sign of respect, from a program we love to hate. They have played their biggest rivals on Black Friday since the 60's. We will only be the 3rd team to play them on that day in over 50 years. In the big 8 they played Oklahomo, in the big 12 they played colorado, and now, in the big 10, they play black and gold. Its a tradition at one of the top 5 all time programs in college football. We get a national audience. We get to start a new tradition here in Iowa. Mt first post here was about "who do you want Iowa to play non-conference?" And Nebraska was the overwhelming favorite, wasn't even close: http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...like-hawks-play-non-conference.html#post22642

So for those of you who work retail, time to get a big boy job, and tell your boss at the GAP/Walmart that you quit. For those of us who have real jobs, and love the idea of kicking the Big Red in the junk, and letting them know who the new power house on the Missouri River is, embrace this. Not only do we get to play Nebraska every year, we get to do it on a special day that will be come part of our holiday plans for decades to come. It gives me chills!

This is wrong I think. This gives the players two days off before classes start again on Monday. With the game on Saturday I doubt they got a traditional family Thanksgiving anyway. Though they would recognize it on Friday instead of Thursday this will certainly allow players more family time.

I get your point and have come around since. However I do know that players went home with other local players to have a Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving day.

Outside of the birth of a child, there is no valid reason to miss this game.
Certainly not because of "work".

I really hope your kidding, but if not, will going to a football game put food on the table or pay the bills?

Thankfully going to a football game will for me as it is a paid holiday. :D

I get your point and have come around since. However I do know that players went home with other local players to have a Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0s6H2tWqo]YouTube - Choir Singing Hallelujah - Sound Effect[/ame]

You are the first person in the history of Hawkeye Nation to change their opinion of anything due to discussion contained in the board.

Congratulations, seriously.

You Hawkeyes have weddings on Saturdays in the fall?

We wouldn't expect you Huskers to understand, we know you are only use to having 1 family at a wedding therefore easier to get together but here in Iowa we bring 2 families together and Saturday's are the best day for that.

It's a sign of respect, from a program we love to hate. They have played their biggest rivals on Black Friday since the 60's. We will only be the 3rd team to play them on that day in over 50 years. In the big 8 they played Oklahomo, in the big 12 they played colorado, and now, in the big 10, they play black and gold. Its a tradition at one of the top 5 all time programs in college football. We get a national audience. We get to start a new tradition here in Iowa. Mt first post here was about "who do you want Iowa to play non-conference?" And Nebraska was the overwhelming favorite, wasn't even close: http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...like-hawks-play-non-conference.html#post22642

So for those of you who work retail, time to get a big boy job, and tell your boss at the GAP/Walmart that you quit. For those of us who have real jobs, and love the idea of kicking the Big Red in the junk, and letting them know who the new power house on the Missouri River is, embrace this. Not only do we get to play Nebraska every year, we get to do it on a special day that will be come part of our holiday plans for decades to come. It gives me chills!
Really, go to the espn article and click on comments. Most of the ULN do not think this is a good fit. They see the Hawks as an undeserving team to have this game at this time.

Really, go to the espn article and click on comments. Most of the ULN do not think this is a good fit. They see the Hawks as an undeserving team to have this game at this time.

Well, after we give them a beat down in Lincoln, they'll have to change their tune. Plus, they didn't really think Colorado deserved it either, and Colorado was just 6 years removed from a National Championship, so obviously, they hold that day in pretty high esteem. I live here in Nebraska, and most people are stoked for the Iowa/Nebraska game.

Latest posts