Iowa Nebraska Predictions

I think the emotional edge really favors Iowa in this one, chance to get to 8 wins for another season, senior day, nebby just got physically owned by two straight teams, their coach is getting fired, they are really banged up including Abdullah, and we played some of our best football all year in the 2nd half. I think Iowa wins comfortably 34-17

When's the last time KF beat an interim coach or one who was about to get fired? The most recent examples that I can think of are Danny Hope breaking a long B1G losing streak against us in 2012 (fired 3 weeks later), and Minn's Brewster replacement slapping around our pre-season Top 10 team in 2010. I'm not really sure that coaching turmoil on the opposing sideline favors Iowa, especially when they're up against our genius coaching staff.

Hasn't Nebraska out-recruited us the last few years? I just don't see us keeping up with their athletes on offense if they don't turn it over (especially if Bell plays). We've struggled with the zone read and Armstrong could kill us with it, no matter who they play at RB. Don't forget they were a goal line fumble from beating Minnesota and a dropped touchdown pass from coming back and beating Sparty. They're explosive. My gut says 35-14 Nebraska. I hope I'm wrong. God, I hope I'm wrong.

I am going with Iowa 28-24 over Nebby. Nebby's defense looked porous against Wisky and beaten down.

It all depends on if the hawks get off to a better start. If we can get ahead by 10-17 and get them out of running or hold their running I like Iowa's chances.

Ferentz seems to have a knack for doing just enough to keep the wolves at bay.. So Iowa wins 28-24, finishes 8-4, gets a decent bowl invite, and all is well in Hawkeyeland until Iowa loses @ISU in 2015, at which time the usual negativity and bickering begins anew.

Ferentz seems to have a knack for doing just enough to keep the wolves at bay.. So Iowa wins 28-24, finishes 8-4, gets a decent bowl invite, and all is well in Hawkeyeland until Iowa loses @ISU in 2015, at which time the usual negativity and bickering begins anew.
You think the negativity and bickering goes away at 8-4, huh?

You think the negativity and bickering goes away at 8-4, huh?

Not entirely, no. But I think SOME people (myself included) will quiet down a little with an 8-4 season and win over Nebraska. Particular if Iowa wins its bowl game goes 9-4.

It will hit full force again though once games start being played again in 2015 and Iowa drops a game they shouldn't (ISU?) or look ugly in a win against some other cupcake, say the opener against Illinois St. Seems to happen every year.

Last edited:
I am really torn here and I am not sure how to feel. On the one hand, I want us to win every game we play, especially against that team from the West. On the other hand, I'm afraid a big Hawk win would be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets their coach fired. I'd like to see Pellllini on the sidelines in Lincoln for as long as possible, as we own him.

Hasn't Nebraska out-recruited us the last few years? I just don't see us keeping up with their athletes on offense if they don't turn it over (especially if Bell plays). We've struggled with the zone read and Armstrong could kill us with it, no matter who they play at RB. Don't forget they were a goal line fumble from beating Minnesota and a dropped touchdown pass from coming back and beating Sparty. They're explosive. My gut says 35-14 Nebraska. I hope I'm wrong. God, I hope I'm wrong.

I think you are right on this one, Boise.

Latest posts