Iowa Nebraska line

I want to win this one so bad.

Its not just hating Nebraska (which I assuredly do), but 10-2 against this schedule would be one of the best seasons of the Ferentz era, I think. Our two losses would have come against a decent Purdue team in what may have been a bit of a hangover game for us and then what has turned out to be a really good Wisconsin.

Oh, and a chance for an 11th W in a bowl.

It's been touch and go at times down the stretch, but I would have taken our situation in a red hot minute back in August.

I think we're going to need to force a TO or two and then keep things near-perfect on our end offensively. If we just match (or lose) in the TO dept, I think they will likely beat us. Nebraska has been mistake prone all year, let's hope they keep that going for one more game.

Dane Belton has quietly emerged as our second best defensive player.

The kid will do anything you ask of him. Could he be a full time spy on Martinez this week?

Every time we go out there people predict doom and gloom for the Hawkeyes.

Remember 2015?

It will happen someday, but when the rubber meets meets the road a Ferentz coached team is usually more fundamentally sound, more physical, and mentally tougher than a Frost coached team.

That has proven to be, to this point, a tall mountain for Nebraska to surmount.

Every time we go out there people predict doom and gloom for the Hawkeyes.

Remember 2015?

It will happen someday, but when the rubber meets meets the road a Ferentz coached team is usually more fundamentally sound, more physical, and mentally tougher than a Frost coached team.

That has proven to be, to this point, a tall mountain for Nebraska to surmount.
Full disclosure, I am one of those "doom and gloomer" guys. I sure hope you're right. We do have a path to victory but this looks like a tougher matchup against them than we've had in a while.

Maybe I'm as doom and gloom because I grew up in Western Iowa and hate them so much that the thought of losing to them makes me ill.

Still shaking me head over this whole Nebraska thing.

Adnin; "Well coaching were going to have to let you go!"

Frosty the blow man: "Is there no way for me to stick it through another year or so, I will do anything!"

Admin; "The only way we will even give you consideration is if you will gut your entire offensive coaching staff. We also know you have known these guys for years and they have families that rely on their jobs here at Nebraska. That would be asking too much from any human being to ask someone to cut the throats of their friends, but that is the only way."

Frosty the blow man; "Consider it done!"

Admin; "Ok Frosty now get off your damn knees we just mopped this floor, we don't want fecal material to get on it."

I am not saying it went down that way but this is a really, really, strange situation. Of course buy out clauses can be expensive too. Contracts can be messy also with what's considered just cause for termination of a coach and the buyout clause.

None the less Nebby would love to knock us out of any divisional hopes and get revenge knowing they have nothing to lose in this game and and thus get even for the times we have beaten them.

I anticipate a very tough game. I hope I am wrong and that our offense finally puts it all together in this game and in any post season game (hopefully games as in more than one).

Dane Belton has quietly emerged as our second best defensive player.

The kid will do anything you ask of him. Could he be a full time spy on Martinez this we
Gosh, I sure hope they spy on Martinez -- it would be very out-of-character for Parker to do that until after halftime, but by then the game might be out of reach! Would love to see Belton spy him every play, & blitz him periodically. Agree on Belton's impact on the Hawkeye D. During Illinois' opening 75 yd drive the Hawks had replaced the injured Koerner with #30 Schulte...with poor results. The next Illinois drive they took out #30 and replaced him with Belton, and the Illini offense struggled the rest of the game...until Schulte and other defensive reserves entered the game and Illinois marched down the field again.

Yes, you absolutely can NOT let AM beat you with his legs. Makes it too easy for them Gotta make them earn it!

Ironically, if Iowa wins it will be it’s best win of the season.
Don't want to agree with this, but it is true - in hindsight.
Massey composite Index - most of these ratings based on position when games were played, not how season played out.

Weird to look back and remember when Indiana, ISU, MLand, Penn St, were all ranked
when Iowa played them. 3 of those teams were ranked above Iowa.
Kent St. tied for 1st in Div (5-2). Colo St 2-5 in MWest - Iowa trailed at half.
NW, Ill losing records. Minn very up and down.

Think this will be a street fight, with lots of chirping Friday....

UNL opened at -4. They are now at -3.5. No shocker there.
Michigan was only a 2.5 favorite when they played at Nebraska.
Reading Nebraska comments on various websites is really quite funny. Who would have thought that beating Iowa (lowly Iowa)would make their season? Also wanting to ruin Iowa's "season in the sun." Not sure what they mean there. This season seems like just another Iowa season to me. In the last six Iowa full seasons, Iowa has 56 wins including this season. Average of a little over 9 wins a year, so "ho hum" just another average year for Iowa. I will not be surprised at all if Iowa loses out there on Friday and if they do, ho-hum.
Just anther week of Iowa football..good chance to lose, good chance to win.. Iowa will be still be playing in January. Nebraska will be discussing how good they will be next year.
UNL opened at -4. They are now at -3.5. No shocker there.

Michigan was only a 2.5 favorite when they played at Nebraska.
Reading Nebraska comments on various websites is really quite funny. Who would have thought that beating Iowa (lowly Iowa)would make their season? Also wanting to ruin Iowa's "season in the sun." Not sure what they mean there. This season seems like just another Iowa season to me. In the last six Iowa full seasons, Iowa has 56 wins including this season. Average of a little over 9 wins a year, so "ho hum" just another average year for Iowa. I will not be surprised at all if Iowa loses out there on Friday and if they do, ho-hum.
Just anther week of Iowa football..good chance to lose, good chance to win.. Iowa will be still be playing in January. Nebraska will be discussing how good they will be next year.
This is great, when they first came to the Big Ten they looked at Iowa the same way they did Iowa State and now a win makes their season.

F Nebraska, I hope Iowa destroys them.

Put a spy on Martinez like Belton and we will win. Nebraska is a one trick pony.... but it works because of Martinez and his amazing speed when scrambling. He is a more dangerous runner than he is a thrower.

Iowa needs to throw some offensive wrinkles at Nebraska. Their coaches are gone and it will be hard for them to adjust on the fly.

What does popcorn, jelly-beans, toast, and pretzels have in common with the Ferentz offense?

If you come up with the right answer, our offense can't be that way on Friday.