Iowa-MSU ... Hawks win convincingly

DesMoinesHawki

My gut feeling tells me Iowa is going to go into East Lansing and just take care of business, like it did in the ISU game. I think the Iowa offense is slowly coming together. I think too much credit is being given to MSU, a team that is 4-3 and with two of its wins against Illinois and Northwestern.

I think we will shut the MSU offense down.The weather could play a factor but I think the Hawks leave East Lansing with a 26-13 win.

I like the fact our offense has not yet hit its peak. Considering we managed to get to 7-0 with an average offense is impressive.

I like how we match up against the Spartans. Very similiar to Wisky. I think we will get plenty of pressure on their qb and I think Stanzi will have his second game in a row with no interceptions ... I expect a somewhat similiar game to the Wisky game but I think our offense will "look" better Saturday night.

The only other time I had this feeling was prior to the ISU game. I just had the confidence we were going to be all business and that is exactly what the Hawks were that day in Ames.

Let's go Hawks! Let's notch that eighth win and get off to that best start in school history. It is meant to be. I feel it. This is that special season. The Hawks have not won pretty but that does not matter. They have won ... At home; on the road ... they have won. Good teams find a way to win and that is the difference with this team from last year's team.

Enjoy the ride folks ... Seasons like this just don't happen too often ... Go Hawks!

I think your points are right on the money! At first when I was thinking about this game, I was very concerned. But then I started thinking. MSU is 4-3. They lost their main offensive weapons from last year.

I think Iowa is fairly healthy going in to this game. I like your prediction. Hawks by 2 TD's.

I guess I don't understand how wins against Illinios and Northwestern makes MSU all of a sudden a good team. I understand that they beat Michigan by about the same score as we did but the last two (especially down at the half at NW) as less than impressive. There is no doubt they will be motivated for this game, but I just don't see them as impressive. Am I wrong here?

I think we lose this one. Let's face it, we are playing in a weak conference. Our wins have been good, but against average teams. Penn St. should never have been ranked #5. Wisconsin was our best victory, but Wisconsin could never hang against an Alabama, Texas, Virginia Tech or USC. Once again, playing in the Big 10 is going to be a curse. I see alot of parity in the Big 10. Are we that good or are the teams in the Big 10 all average and any team can beat the other on any given week (OK, maybe not Illinois)?

We're not playing in a great conference, but so far the schedule makers have put 7 teams in front of us...and we've defeated all 7. The manner with which we did so might not be what we would have liked, but the results themselves can't be argued with.

DelusionalHawk, you seem kinda down in a lot of your posts? Everything ok man? ;);)**Edit - My 'wink' smiley didn't work here...

DelusionalHawk said:
I think we lose this one. Let's face it, we are playing in a weak conference. Our wins have been good, but against average teams. Penn St. should never have been ranked #5. Wisconsin was our best victory, but Wisconsin could never hang against an Alabama, Texas, Virginia Tech or USC. Once again, playing in the Big 10 is going to be a curse.
DelusionalHawk said:
We are due for a let-down. I think we lose a close one. Hope I am wrong.
DelusionalHawk said:
If the Big 10 starts performing year-in and year-out like the SEC does, I am sure we would get more recognition.
DelusionalHawk said:
At least with adding a team, the Big 10 won't be the laughing stock conference that doesn't know how to count
DelusionalHawk said:
This would be a moot point if the Big 10 would start recruiting better and become a premier conference. As long as it is the 4th or 5th best conference, the Big 10 is going to be shut out

Last edited:
I'm in complete agreement. The Wisky game had me nervous, I feel the team has too much riding on this one for the Hawks to have ANY kind of let down. We go in there and manage the Spartan's from Q2 through the final gun. This is our 3rd night game, the first two being ABC or ESPN against national powers of Penn State (pay-back game) and Michigan (hey, they're Michigan). We have a lot to play for beyond "8-0" if that makes sense. THIS team wants to give the Captain his win in East Lansing during this special season. The Spartan's won't be able to stop the drive in the hearts and minds of the black and gold.

This is the first night game in a while for MSU and I think they get over juiced and then over powered by the disciplined, focused Hawks.

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Totally agree - Iowa will not make enough mistakes to lose. Might make one or two, but nothing life threatening. I think we will see a total domination. We know what's on the line. Both sides of the ball will be on top of their game! We have no fear of playing night games, or weather or away stadiums.

Iowa 28
MSU 17

I am picturing Stanzi sprinting out of the tunnel in EL to the sounds of "When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside...." followed by his performance of the season. Hawks go big here kids...let the battle hawks perice their foes with a screach of terror!

Ok..sorry its Friday, too much coffee and anticipation.

I see a score something like 20 or 24 to 13. And the national pundits will again scratch their collective heads and say we should be more dominant. But I could care less what they are saying as this has been one of the most fun rides I've been on as a Hawk fan. It reminds me so much of the 85' season. That was a fun football team with some great players and this one is stacking up nicely in comparison.

Hawks come out of EL with a decisive victory!!! 24 - 13

I think our D makes them one dimensional. I don't see MSU rushing for anything more than 70 yards for the entire game. Once MSU realizes that they can't run on us, it will put a greater emphasis on the QB to make plays with his arm. With that being said, I think we can predict 2 if not more interceptions this week by our D. I agree with the OP and think that the Hawkeyes win by at least 14.

I would like to see our D completely shut down their offense and come up with multiple picks like in the ISU game. Iowa by 2 TDs.

I agree with Lexhawk, although I could see a similar beat down to the one we gave Michigan in 2002 at the "Big House" - IA dominates at East Lansing this time by the same score --- 34-9

I think when Iowa plays a similiar opponent, they are just physically superior this year. a good spread will give anyone fits, that's what kept michigan in the game at kinnick. if iowa stuffs the run, which they will, look for D to have a heydey on cousins. 24-13 iowa. Hawks go to OSU 10-0!!!

I think Iowa's D has something to prove. I don't think we'll give up more than 1 TD. I like Iowa 24-13.

Obviously a troll.

I think Iowa wins 24-7. They're playing physical and the offense is starting to gel. They can not consistently throw on our secondary and they certainly can't run on us.

Michigan State is overrated, fades toward the end of the game and turns the ball over.

That, and, I just got a feeling.. heh.

Latest posts