Iowa-Minnesota 2011

RADMAN

On the B1G Network right now. Makes me sick that Coker is gone. He was a monster in that game but Iowa played its worst game in the redzone. The one thing that I saw that I had forgot about was when Marcus rushed for 91 yards on consecutive carries, he waved to the sideline for a blow and was rejected. He shook his head in almost disbelief and went to the huddle with his head down. He had 147 yards at that point. I remember thinking at the time that it was weird that they didn't let him come out. Oh well, just wondering if anyone is watching.

On the B1G Network right now. Makes me sick that Coker is gone. He was a monster in that game but Iowa played its worst game in the redzone. The one thing that I saw that I had forgot about was when Marcus rushed for 91 yards on consecutive carries, he waved to the sideline for a blow and was rejected. He shook his head in almost disbelief and went to the huddle with his head down. He had 147 yards at that point. I remember thinking at the time that it was weird that they didn't let him come out. Oh well, just wondering if anyone is watching.

I watched for just a bit. It's hard not to be a monster playing one of the worst teams in college football. Never should have lost that game.

One of his runs he should have been gone, no one really had a good angle on him but he was too slow at the top end and the DB's and safeties caught him. We had such a good O-line last year, most of the holes were huge last year, and he couldn't cash in for points because of his speed. He really needed to lose 20 lbs like Ball and he would have been a force...he had the rest of what makes RB's great, he had great balance and could get low and punish defenders, as is I like Bullock and our freshman a little better to help us actually win next yr though.

One of his runs he should have been gone, no one really had a good angle on him but he was too slow at the top end and the DB's and safeties caught him. We had such a good O-line last year, most of the holes were huge last year, and he couldn't cash in for points because of his speed. He really needed to lose 20 lbs like Ball and he would have been a force...he had the rest of what makes RB's great, he had great balance and could get low and punish defenders, as is I like Bullock and our freshman a little better to help us actually win next yr though.

We'll probably be criticized but I agree with you. A quicker back, if available, would have broke several of those runs for TDs and the game wouldn't have been close. I am hoping that the silver lining of Coker leaving is that the backs available to us now seem to faster than Coker.

You guys are right on, but there will be people on here that don't get it. I got into an argument about this last week. I said if Shonn Greene were playing last year, he'd have had 2000 yards and probably 350 against Minnesota and the game wouldn't have been close. He proceed to tell me they were about the same back.

I've never seen a good college back that slows down to damn near a walk to make a cut. Watch the film. He did it all year last year. I also commented on how often he makes the wrong cut or picks the wrong hole...because his head was down. He always seemed to get the least amount of yards that were available on that play. I contrasted that with Greene who always seemed to make the right cut and get the max yards out of every play.

Coker may have developed better vision, who knows, but we didn't have a top back last year...there were 10 guys in the big ten I'd have rather had.

They just showed that game a week or so ago. I guess they figured they hadn't kicked Iowa around enough so they ran it again.

There is a reason I wanted to see way more McCall. Or even bullock. Coker just wasnt that good.
Really? Coker would have probably set the all time rushing record had he stayed for 4 years. How many yards did he get after contact? I know he lacked speed but to say he wasn't that good sounds like it came from an 11 year old. Oh, I mean 12 year old. 11+1=12.

They just showed that game a week or so ago. I guess they figured they hadn't kicked Iowa around enough so they ran it again.

The problem is everytime they have an Indiana or Minnesota Day on BTN we get to watch Iowa **** the bed because Iowa is one B10 team they can beat on a somewhat regular basis.

Really? Coker would have probably set the all time rushing record had he stayed for 4 years. How many yards did he get after contact? I know he lacked speed but to say he wasn't that good sounds like it came from an 11 year old. Oh, I mean 12 year old. 11+1=12.

Meh, don't think he was that good. A good line and playing against bad teams. He did little to nothing against good teams. He lacked the ability to hit a hole, speed and overall vision. So no, I don't think he was that good.

Not as many as Greene

Meh, don't think he was that good. A good line and playing against bad teams. He did little to nothing against good teams. He lacked the ability to hit a hole, speed and overall vision. So no, I don't think he was that good.

I respectfully disagree. Coker was a good back, but his lack of breakaway speed definitely kept us from getting several TD's. He didn't do much against most of the good teams we played, this is true, but then again we played like crap against the good teams we faced with the exception of Michigan. MSU? Got behind early and had to throw. Nebraska? We couldn't do anything whatsoever the entire game on offense. Some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen. Can't put that on Coker. PSU? Same situation. We couldn't do anything on offense the entire game, and again, terrible playcalling.

Latest posts