Iowa/Michigan Game Thread

Gee, trj. I thought you would say something nice about Sandfort. Or Perkins. Or Freeman. Or Josh. We score 88 points and you have to play down the win on the road, a rare event in the BT. And bitch about our D. Our Rebounding? Points in the paint? Who should have been benched tonight, in your opinion. PM, I will guess. You really need to learn to enjoy the moment. Ha Ha.

It is all good, man. I know you weren’t around when Nile Kinnick played, but you were pretty close and I respect that. Certainly, not trying to disrespect you when I occasionally push back.

How did they lose to them in Iowa City?
Couldn't stop Reed, couldn't keep him off the boards. Also was a tough stretch that included games at Purdue and Iowa State.

Wasn't a classic Iowa offensive performance in the sense that assists were low for the number of fg's made. But we had some decent one on one moves to the rack and had some tall lineups out there at times. Bowen saw little action second half, Harding saw none. We went big and tall

Losing to Maryland and Michigan at home better not f*ck them.
Oh it will F them one way or the other. More than likely be the difference in making the tournament. If we do somehow sneak in, it will be the difference in a manageable seed. We would be sitting in a pretty good spot if we would have won those two games.

Right now we have 4 players that make us capable of fighting for a top 4 finish in conference. We almost certainly aren't good enough to do it from our current position tho. Although our position is surprisingly good for 4-5.

It is all good, man. I know you weren’t around when Nile Kinnick played, but you were pretty close and I respect that. Certainly, not trying to disrespect you when I occasionally push back.
All good, man from my end as well

I can't remember a game that Pryce Sandfort didn't get any minutes
The only time I am interested or concerned about players’ minutes is when Fran says in postgame, “I should have played player X more minutes.“. I have heard that comment enough times to trust his judgement.

Improving. Next 8 games is the season. Most all are tough games except Minny at home. Pedo state is on the road and they have all 9 wins at home. 0-8 neutral/away and they will really want that game so even some difficulty there. 4-4 would be impressive esp. if they keep them all close. Can get the Minny game and the PSU game and then win both Wisky/USU at home? Maybe split those last two and steal at MSU? Or Indiana?

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand how many W's I've watched at Chrisler. Always a good win there.

WhT hurts the most we lost a couple games we shouldn’t of . We should be over 500 now damn !!!!
Meh, those games help fix problems, increase focus, brings them back to earth and teaches them the value in closing out teams. Like, if this was a team full of SR's and we were losing those, I'd be like, damn, that's going to hurt our seed line... those types of games with a team with this young of a nucleus can actually be stepping stone. Like, if they rattle off 7-4 or 8-3 down the stretch here somehow, they're likely in with 1 B1G win. I think some of the early loses can help a younger team that is still finding out how to win games.

Last edited:

Latest posts