Iowa MBB: VanLaere’s 2012-13 Season Preview & Prediction

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
By Justin VanLaere College basketball is upon us; the beginning of the one of the best times of the year.* Expectations and excitement around the Iowa program is as high as it’s been since the days of Jeff Horner and Greg Brunner (that was seven years ago, as unbelievable as that seems). Here’s the breakdown [...]

More...

Uggghh.......that non-con SOS is gonna kill us. Unless we can pull off some major upsets. And we can, but will we? Hmmmmm

Ha ha ha. Who the heck is this clown writer? There is NO WAY Iowa loses at Northwestern again this year. NU played U of Chicago in an exhibition and looked like warmed over dog crap without Shurna.

Ha ha ha. Who the heck is this clown writer? There is NO WAY Iowa loses at Northwestern again this year. NU played U of Chicago in an exhibition and looked like warmed over dog crap without Shurna.

Northwestern always has trouble when playing a school with smarter players.

So your predicting we probably will win 1 game maybe 2 to top 25 teams this year? (Wisconsin and a big if with Minnesota) If your prediction is true then yes we will not be going dancing, not even on the bubble.

I'm going to say we surprise some of the top tier teams and come out with 3 top 25 wins. Indiana and Wisc x2 maybe Minn.

Good stuff Stormin...even though I don't agree all of your predictions, I know that there will always be one or two head scratching wins and they'll be cancelled out by an equal number of head scratching losses...that's just sports, especially in a game like basketball when you play so many of them. Thanks for putting in the work on this...it was a fun read!

So your predicting we probably will win 1 game maybe 2 to top 25 teams this year? (Wisconsin and a big if with Minnesota) If your prediction is true then yes we will not be going dancing, not even on the bubble.

I'm going to say we surprise some of the top tier teams and come out with 3 top 25 wins. Indiana and Wisc x2 maybe Minn.

Look, if this team doesn't make the dance (which it will), it would run through the NIT like cheap Mexican food runs through me. I'd gladly take that NIT championship banner over the Sweet 16 loss we would suffer in the dance.

Look, if this team doesn't make the dance (which it will), it would run through the NIT like cheap Mexican food runs through me. I'd gladly take that NIT championship banner over the Sweet 16 loss we would suffer in the dance.
Not one of your better efforts...way too obvious. You're better than that OK4P...

At least...I thought you were...

U should try Rudy's Tacos. It' not far from the strip club in Mt. Joy.

Northwestern always has trouble when playing a school with smarter players.

QFT.

My alma mater, Wheaton College, played at Northwestern in December '06. We lost by 2 points after our best player missed a 3 at the buzzer that would have won it.

No way Iowa starts 2-8 in the conference Spank? At least I hope not.

How many games do you think Iowa wins in the first 10?

Indiana
at Michigan
Michigan State
at Northwestern
Wisconsin
at Ohio State
at Purdue
Penn State
at Minnesota
at Wisconsin

If they can get 4 in there, they will be in great shape to make a run at the NCAA tourney.

Uggghh.......that non-con SOS is gonna kill us. Unless we can pull off some major upsets. And we can, but will we? Hmmmmm

As long as Iowa doesn't lose any of those "easy" non-con games, it shouldn't matter. Iowa's conference schedule is tough enough that at the end of the year their SOS will be pretty solid. If Iowa can go 9-9 in conference and take care of the non-con schedule they will be dancing no, no question about it.

Latest posts