Iowa @ Maryland prediction thread

Who remains undefeated in conf. play?

• Iowa, 7 or less

• Iowa, more than 7

• Maryland, 7 or less

• Maryland, more than 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm going out on a limb here and predicting one of the two teams will end its winning streak. I'm also trying not to be overly negative about this, but I'm fairly certain it will happen.

Seems like a lot of people are picking Maryland for the upset. I read an article, I think Yahoo writer, who picked this games as a good bet on Maryland.

Although, OTOH, Iowa seems to thrive in these situations.
Let's face it. These writers, commentators and other "experts" aren't really any better at picking games than anybody else. If they were, they would be doing that for a living instead.

Let's face it. These writers, commentators and other "experts" aren't really any better at picking games than anybody else. If they were, they would be doing that for a living instead.
Writers aren’t making the line fishy it’s the Sam Rothstein type gambling junkies that typically know their shit. But F them, I bet Iowa and the under which is probably why my draft kings account balance looks like Spencer’s average yards per game.

Writers aren’t making the line fishy it’s the Sam Rothstein type gambling junkies that typically know their shit. But F them, I bet Iowa and the under which is probably why my draft kings account balance looks like Spencer’s average yards per game.
Big bets on Iowa against ISU every year pay for the rest of my losses!

I was referring to the Yahoo writer who picked Maryland. But yes, I understand money is coming in on Maryland. Me, I'm not a bettor. I have learned not to bet the hard way.

I don't feel good about this. When Iowa relies on its defense so hard to make up for bad QB and receiver play they are going to have a let down. I think this is one. 34-17 Maryland territory.

I will pull for CC given I used to live closer to CC than Darlington. Besides, my kid's high school is doing about what they always do........lose mostly (5 miles to S of CC)

Kinda miss walking the 2 blocks to the game and topping it off with old fashioned's around a firepit
You can say "Southwestern".

It was a shootout tonight but Darlington prevailed.

Where did you used to live? I guarantee I've been there or delivered FedEx there.

If we lose to Maryland then we are fake news. I don’t feel great about the fact that they beat WV or the line being so low but I’m still picking the Hawks 21-14.
so they beat West Virginia? Big deal. Nebraska and Tulane almost beat Oklahoma too. Maryland kicked Texas ass two years in a row and bombed in the BIG. Big 12 is at its low point in recent history as far as strength of the conference goes.

You can say "Southwestern".

It was a shootout tonight but Darlington prevailed.

Where did you used to live? I guarantee I've been there or delivered FedEx there.
Lived on 21st, and i did get about one fedex a month on average. Yeah, you may have been on my front porch a time or two. Just moved back to iowa though.

Lived on 21st, and i did get about one fedex a month on average. Yeah, you may have been on my front porch a time or two. Just moved back to iowa though.
You would have lived close to the Wills family (former volleyball coach) what a small world.

You would have lived close to the Wills family (former volleyball coach) what a small world.
Not sure of your age or how long you have lived in that area Northside but my brother played football for UW Platteville back in the early 70's when they were very good. Went to national playoffs and were a powerhouse in the Wisconsin league. I spent many a Saturday night after games in East Dubuque getting into mischief.
I also had a cousin from Hazel Green who played basketball for U of Dubuque that was killed in a car accident in his I believe sophmore year. They had a basketball tourney in his name for years. I don't get over there much anymore but always good memories.

No sacks? Little wide receiver separation. Better run game. The defense left me speechless and in awe. 6 TO's.

Not sure of your age or how long you have lived in that area Northside but my brother played football for UW Platteville back in the early 70's when they were very good. Went to national playoffs and were a powerhouse in the Wisconsin league. I spent many a Saturday night after games in East Dubuque getting into mischief.
I also had a cousin from Hazel Green who played basketball for U of Dubuque that was killed in a car accident in his I believe sophmore year. They had a basketball tourney in his name for years. I don't get over there much anymore but always good memories.
Im 56 and with the exception of my college days in Iowa City I have lived in or within 20 miles of Dubuque my entire life. Would not remember UWP football in the 1970's but vividly recall the Bo Ryan basketball years in the eighties and nineties.

And yes I spent many a night, not just Saturday, in East Dubuque getting into innocuous mischief. Stayed away from the strip clubs however. I preferred live music and probably didn't go to the diva dives more than two or three times in all my years.

Im 56 and with the exception of my college days in Iowa City I have lived in or within 20 miles of Dubuque my entire life. Would not remember UWP football in the 1970's but vividly recall the Bo Ryan basketball years in the eighties and nineties.

And yes I spent many a night, not just Saturday, in East Dubuque getting into innocuous mischief. Stayed away from the strip clubs however. I preferred live music and probably didn't go to the diva dives more than two or three times in all my years.
I am 66, my parents were born in Cuba City so lots of relatives were from that area.
Ahh strippers in East Dubuque.... I vagually remember a gal, called her self kitten. Had a clear bath tub behind the bar and would get in there and get all sudsy. Oh my. One night after a football game in Platteville and all day drinking a friend of mine tried crawling over the bar to get to her. Needless to say he didn't get too far. Oh the brain cells we used to kill.

I am 66, my parents were born in Cuba City so lots of relatives were from that area.
Ahh strippers in East Dubuque.... I vagually remember a gal, called her self kitten. Had a clear bath tub behind the bar and would get in there and get all sudsy. Oh my. One night after a football game in Platteville and all day drinking a friend of mine tried crawling over the bar to get to her. Needless to say he didn't get too far. Oh the brain cells we used to kill.
This typo makes the story a lot funnier.

Latest posts