Iowa @ Maryland prediction thread

Who remains undefeated in conf. play?

• Iowa, 7 or less

• Iowa, more than 7

• Maryland, 7 or less

• Maryland, more than 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted with my heart - Hawks by 7 or less - but my brain is telling me this game could be big trouble.

Our defense looks excellent, but so does Maryland's offense. I could see us needing to score a bit to win this one and I'm just not convinced we're quite there.

Plus a weird Friday night game a bajillion miles from home. I wish I felt more confident, but I'm just not.

I suspect our defense keeps us in it, but I think the game is a bit of a coin flip. I do think Iowa has a pretty major advantage in coaching staff quality, but I'm worried we lack the horses in the offensive stable to keep up if it comes to that.

The Terps are gonna be jacked for this one, will take the opening kickoff if they win the toss, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take the lead into halftime. But I think Uncle Phil makes adjustments, the D gets some stops in the 2nd half, the crowd wears down, and Iowa gets a 4th quarter turnover and scores just enough for the W:
Hawks 25
Terps 24

They haven’t seen anything close to our defense but we’ve seen better than them in all facets already. The D last week got pushed around in the 1st half and came out pissed off in the 2nd and dominated, I expect that all game.

Hawks - 35
Turds - 17

Main factors will be the start time and how many holding calls the refs choose to acknowledge.

The Terps are gonna be jacked for this one, will take the opening kickoff if they win the toss, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take the lead into halftime. But I think Uncle Phil makes adjustments, the D gets some stops in the 2nd half, the crowd wears down, and Iowa gets a 4th quarter turnover and scores just enough for the W:
Hawks 25
Terps 24
Agree, and I hope little Tua makes the same mistakes as Penix and Purdy did as a result. Has he played in a bigger game?

They haven’t seen anything close to our defense but we’ve seen better than them in all facets already. The D last week got pushed around in the 1st half and came out pissed off in the 2nd and dominated, I expect that all game.

Hawks - 35
Turds - 17
This ^^^ and it is the part of the season the HAWKS tend to iron things out. O line puts together a solid game and D is still pissed from that bad 1st half. Lots of Turds of misery walking off after this one.

A big TELL from the sharps? Iowa is only a 4 point favorite as the number 5 team in the country playing away against unranked (but undefeated) Maryland.

I think this is a bad spot for Iowa.

-Maryland plays better at home.
-Unbeaten Maryland in a Friday night feature game
-Athletic Maryland offense
-A Clark Griswald green station wagon like Iowa offense

Hope I'm dead wrong.

Maryland 27 (they break the 24 point and under streak)
Iowa 20
Even the sharpest of the sharps are only right about 50.00003% of the time.

Even the sharpest of the sharps are only right about 50.00003% of the time.
And hopefully they are right here picking the Hawks.....and Iowa finishes on the right side of things.

Hopefully, we look the #5 part Friday and put them away relatively early.

Classic trap game.

I hope we have been playing it close to the vest the past two weeks.

I'm not too worried about the Friday night atmosphere. We turned it against Minnesota last year and game wasn't as difficult as it should have been.

I am worried about our suddenly stagnant running game.

Hawks - 35
Turds - 17
This is just not true. We haven’t played an offense ranked in the top 40 and Maryland’s offense is top 15 right now.

Classic trap game.

I'm not too worried about the Friday night atmosphere. We turned it against Minnesota last year and game wasn't as difficult as it should have been.

Stagnant? You mean for the year with 330 yards or so rushing, 2/3 in one game?

Classic trap game.

I know you're not advocating for Friday night college games, but goddammit, Fridays belong to high schoolers.

Maryland can stick their roody poo night games up their asses sideways and spin 'em.

Latest posts