Iowa-Maryland prediction thread

If we get pressure on the QB, we win. Maryland likes to throw it vertically, so they drop back...and our pass rush needs to get there. Unless they scheme us and throw short and move the chains, I think we will have opportunities to get to the QB. OSU just abused their QB's and they had no answer for Joey Bosa. Our guys needs to be able to do the same. If so, Brown either gets hurt or throws a few up for grabs.

I expect Phil to send people early in this game to create positive outcomes. Our corners are going to have to be good in this game as I think we are going to let them play plenty of man so we have extra guys going to the QB. It's our typical formula...stop the run...put pressure on the QB. If their OL plays like they did against OSU...we will get there. I think our DL is as good across the board as OSU. Ott may have a big day.

I picked Iowa solely on being able to get to Brown...thats the key to me.

I predicted a loss to the terps at the start of the season, but I also had us beating isu and losing to Pitt.

Iowa wins if they dont beat themselves like they did against Iowa state. I think iowa is more physical up front, but I still dont have faith in our secondary. Iowa needs to pressure CJ Brown, without having him eat us up with his legs. Iowa always tends to make these kind of qbs look like heisman contenders. I think the terps defense is much like Indiana's, so in theory we should score in the 30s.

I think we see a shootout here, with no one really gaining an edge until late in the 4th. I feel like im going to be saying "of course we were Marylands first B1G win at home" at the end of the game.

So until iowa proves they can replicate what they did last week, I just dont see this as a win for Iowa.

17-31 maryland.

I think Northwestern beats Nebraska, Purdue upsets Minnesota.

62-4 Iowa.

We take two intentional safeties in the 4th so it doesn't look like we ran up the score.

Welcome to the BigTen....

turtle_xlarge.jpeg

Looks like, yet again, I am the biggest Hawkeye fan on this site.

Hawks get to Brown without using the Raider package...but somewhere in the midst of that, he takes some pretty good hits that limits his mobility. He is very weak as a pocket passer even with the all-world wideout. Rowe likely out (according to the boards) so there is little remaining at QB. They have nothing to establish a running game so the front four pin their ears back and go to town.

Iowa does establish the run game early and takes advantage of play action frequently. After a close first quarter (before Brown is limited), Iowa takes control of the game and it is out of reach by mid third quarter. Iowa wins going away 42-17. Rudock will play most-- CJ gets all but the first drive of the second half. CJ looks more like the 2nd half qb at Pitt and the team scores at least two more TDs while he is running the show.

Overall much better performance and for the first time this year, people start taking the Hawks seriously.

...Overall much better performance and for the first time this year, people start taking the Hawks seriously.
We can only hope! Even if Indy was the turning point of the season the issue for Iowa is always going to be the loss to ISU. The only team I think the clones have a chance defeating left on the schedule is Texas.

Getting beat by a 3 win (at most) team limits any chance Iowa has in the post season. After last week's debacle I don't even think the Longhorns have much to worry about. We are talking about a team that doesn't make sure somebody is back there returning kickoffs...

Dem Maryland boyz iz pretty fast for being named for a turtle. But methinks ol Kurt is feeling pretty confident about this game if teh main focus of his Tuesday presser is teh Derps special teams. Maryland may have speed but they may be hurting at QB. Speed only kills when you get the ball to it. Phil Parker is building a stout defense and I think GDGD figures out a way to put up enough points to win.

Hokks 28
Derps 20

Well, a lot of you picked Iowa to score 31. But nobody expected Maryland to score 31+7.

I just got home from D.C. it was a fun trip. I heard that 8,000 iowa fans were there. I believe it. Total gate was 48k, so do the math. Pretty impressive showing.

I sat behind referee guy, every play he stood up and yelled "HOLDING HOLDING !"

Lots of fans were yelling "Run the dam ball"!

My first live game since '96. So much to see. TV shows you what to look at. Its easy to miss stuff. and they didn't show replays of Iowa's big plays on the big screen.

Lots of fans headed for the exit after MD punched in their last TD. I stayed.

I was baffled as to why they stopped running the ball. Most fans' remarks were a lot like what we read here.

Went to Joe's Crabshack that night, sat at the end of bar to eat. The 3 sports writers from the CR paper (Mike, Marc and Scott) sat down next to us. Mike sat next to me. I said hello and we all introduced ourselves. We chatted. I asked things about what's a day in the life like covering the games etc. Lot of fun to meet those guys.

as we chatted, I asked, "so do you guys sit up the press box?" (I know dumb question). One of them quickly looked at me and said "The receivers weren't open.................." there was an interruption by the bartender.. then he repeated it again and said........... If that's where you were going with that." and smiled.

Here's why... read the quote by the Maryland defender named Likey. Near the end of the article "They ran that play alot......"

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/maryland-38-iowa-31-everything-ravaged-20141018

Last edited:
Well, a lot of you picked Iowa to score 31. But nobody expected Maryland to score 31+7.

I just got home from D.C. it was a fun trip. I heard that 8,000 iowa fans were there. I believe it. Total gate was 48k, so do the math. Pretty impressive showing.

I sat behind referee guy, every play he stood up and yelled "HOLDING HOLDING !"

Lots of fans were yelling "Run the dam ball"!

My first live game since '96. So much to see. TV shows you what to look at. Its easy to miss stuff. and they didn't show replays of Iowa's big plays on the big screen.

Lots of fans headed for the exit after MD punched in their last TD. I stayed.

Joe's Crabshack. Now I'm feeling a little envy.
I was baffled as to why they stopped running the ball. Most fans' remarks were a lot like what we read here.

Went to Joe's Crabshack that night, sat at the end of bar to eat. The 3 sports writers from the CR paper (Mike, Marc and Scott) sat down next to us. Mike sat next to me. I said hello and we all introduced ourselves. We chatted. I asked things about what's a day in the life like covering the games etc. Lot of fun to meet those guys.

Joe's Crabshack. Now I'm envious.

MD seems small up front and they play a 3-4. Midway through the third quarter, that front 7 is gonna wish they were just chillin' at home. If we keep it close in the third, we will win, but if they jump out by 2 scores on us and we start to pass, MD will win.

What about if we jump out by two scores?

I couldn't possibly foresee that our offensive coordinator was too dumb to run the ball. We should have won that game by punishing their undersized front 7 with Weisman.

No doubt about it. We should have won by my predicted score of 62-4.

Joe's Crabshack is a franchise and nothing more than an uptempo Red Lobster. It wasn't very good.

Latest posts