Iowa-Maryland prediction thread

docholihawk

Since it's Thursday and I didn't see one yet I thought I'd start this.
I believe this is a 3 point game that could go either way. Maybe I'm a homer but I believe the defense will play better this week and we'll establish a strong running game to compliment our passing game. Iowa wins it 31-28.

27-24 Iowa, I think the hawk defense holds down the terps and keeps them from big plays. The terps havent been a team to have a long sustained drives.

Hawk offense might get more than 27.

The total key in this game is the hawks get off to another good start, not like at Pitt.

Maryland has holes and issues with it's defense. Our offense is going to start clicking, we have way too many pieces to not succeed. Our defense is capable of handling the dual threat QB. The reason I believe this is Phil Parker found out how not to play a mobile QB and I think the Raider package will be used often...along with a strong rotation at d-line and LB'er. That being said Iowa 31 Maryland 17...

For some reason, I got a bad feeling about this one. Maryland's front is undersized, but they have very active linebackers. Getting a hat on the LB's is going to be huge if we expect to run the ball. They also pressure the QB pretty well...so pass protection will be really important.

If we protect the QB consistently, I think we win. If we allow pressures and sacks...it's going to be a dogfight.

I just can't predict a Hawk loss to a turtle. Iowa 31 Maryland 21.

I predict the Ebola virus will shut down the airports first, then the hospitals, then the entire country.

I don't like the way we matchup defensively in the back 7. Mainly safety and LBs in pass coverage. I'm not convinced on the Hawks offensively. I hope I'm wrong and we prove the strides we made on Offense last week isn't only because it was Indiana.

Iowa - 17, Maryland - 27

Maryland has holes and issues with it's defense. Our offense is going to start clicking, we have way too many pieces to not succeed. Our defense is capable of handling the dual threat QB. The reason I believe this is Phil Parker found out how not to play a mobile QB and I think the Raider package will be used often...along with a strong rotation at d-line and LB'er. That being said Iowa 31 Maryland 17...

Nice confident post loess and I really like it, hope like heck your right. Sadly I'm not sold and it's based on what I've seen thru the first 6 games against lesser talent. Maryland will be our toughest opponent to date and on the road for Homecoming the vibe is not a good one for me. Iowa has it's own holes, issues and the thought of dual threat QB with our LB's scares the crap out of me. I don't see Iowa being able to score enough in this one. Iowa comes in right below it's average of 24 and scores 23. Iowa 23 Terps 37

Nice confident post loess and I really like it, hope like heck your right. Sadly I'm not sold and it's based on what I've seen thru the first 6 games against lesser talent. Maryland will be our toughest opponent to date and on the road for Homecoming the vibe is not a good one for me. Iowa has it's own holes, issues and the thought of dual threat QB with our LB's scares the crap out of me. I don't see Iowa being able to score enough in this one. Iowa comes in right below it's average of 24 and scores 23. Iowa 23 Terps 37

I'm going have to see a lot more evidence that Iowa has their offense figured out before I would argue with this. They lean heavily on a running game which has been average at their best. Incredible to think that Weisman is under 3.5 yards/carry. I think the D will play good enough to win but Iowa loses 23-20

Pre-season I had this game down as a loss and the ISU game as a win. They even out Saturday. Think their defense is going to give up 30 or more points and we'll win a close one...35-31.

Every game is close with Iowa

24-21, flip a coin.

Last week it was great to have that INT return for TD as it gave us more than our usual One score cushion at end of games.

I am not convinced about this offense. Should look at the weather forecast too. If it's windy, could be even less points.

27-20 Maryland

Iowa gets down 10-0, 14-0 early and they will be playing catch up the rest of the game......Comeback comes up short. I predicted this as a loss at the beginning of the year and i am going to stick by it. I want to be wrong.....I hope I am wrong.

In Kirk I trust. Iowa starts to hit its late season stride, improvement each and every week. Hawks win this one 35-24