Iowa looking at Indian Hills Juco

Where does it say Fran?Iowa has offered Spearman? All I've seen/read is that Iowa has shown some interest.

Rashaad Carruth played there in 2003. They had numerous players go through there who were McDonald's All-Americans who just didn't work out in other places. Carruth was a AA who went to Kent-ucky and then transferred to IHCC. Think he finished up his career at Southern Miss.

It seems like we have enough guards coming in, I would like to see an athletic 3 guy who can stretch out defenses, but those are harder to find. Gotta say, that if Fran thinks he can play, I would have to agree with him. His eye for talent hasn't failed yet.

Where does it say Fran?Iowa has offered Spearman? All I've seen/read is that Iowa has shown some interest.

Right, I have not read anything that suggests Fran offered him. Just because Iowa has shown interest in Spearman does not mean the feeling is mutual. Spearman will want to run the offense he may see what Iowa has coming in and might decide this is not the place he wants to play.

There is a great player at Indian Hills, Jameel McKay, a 6-9 freshman. Van Coleman thinjs he will be a top 5 JUCO next year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgqltdp6raE]Jameel McKay NY2LA Highlight Reel - Midwest Baller MIX - YouTube[/ame]

Right, I have not read anything that suggests Fran offered him. Just because Iowa has shown interest in Spearman does not mean the feeling is mutual. Spearman will want to run the offense he may see what Iowa has coming in and might decide this is not the place he wants to play.

Based on old tweets of his it looks like he likes Iowa some and Iowa is interested in him. He also said he would be visiting Iowa after his season ended, whenever that is.

I dont know anything about this kid other than what i just watched and read. My initial reaction is not real excited. I dont want to see the last scholly go out to anyone who will not very clearly be an improvement over anyone we currently have or have coming in at that position.

since the kid is just a freshmen he has another year to go so he would be a 2013 recruit. and it is great to see we have the crowd still around that dismiss a kid for how they perform as a freshmen, yup freshmen can never improve

since the kid is just a freshmen he has another year to go so he would be a 2013 recruit. and it is great to see we have the crowd still around that dismiss a kid for how they perform as a freshmen, yup freshmen can never improve

not completely true that he cant leave until after next yr. if he qualified out of hs for 4 yr school than he can leave after his frosh yr and be ok. it has happened with the football team. now if he didnt qualify then he wouldnt make it until another yr.

Spearman played a year at Dayton before transferring to Indian Hills. I am not sure how the credits transfer but I would think he would be able to graduate Indian Hills this spring and be eligible to sign with Iowa. He would be a 2012 recruit if Fran signed him. He would have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

I dont know anything about this kid other than what i just watched and read. My initial reaction is not real excited. I dont want to see the last scholly go out to anyone who will not very clearly be an improvement over anyone we currently have or have coming in at that position.

Good observation Trainmaster. I'm assuming you're writing concerning Spearman. Defense is what I think Fran is looking to replace more than offense with Gatens' graduation. My conclusion is that he feels May won't be recovered enough to do that job, Ingram won't be experienced enough, Oglesby doesn't have the defensive chops.

Trey Zeigler would be a more total package and, if possible, I'd take them both. Does anyone know if Zeigler would count against scholarship numbers during his year off from transfer?

Good observation Trainmaster. I'm assuming you're writing concerning Spearman. Defense is what I think Fran is looking to replace more than offense with Gatens' graduation. My conclusion is that he feels May won't be recovered enough to do that job, Ingram won't be experienced enough, Oglesby doesn't have the defensive chops.

Trey Zeigler would be a more total package and, if possible, I'd take them both. Does anyone know if Zeigler would count against scholarship numbers during his year off from transfer?

Yes.

way to bust Oglesby on the chops because he failed to perform like AA as a freshmen.
considering how McCabe and Marble improved from their fr to so year, i personnally will wait til at least Oglesby jr year to even l think about his lack of Defense

I don't think anyone is penciling him in as a starter, they are just saying he won't be the 13th player in the rotation.

There is a great player at Indian Hills, Jameel McKay, a 6-9 freshman. Van Coleman thinjs he will be a top 5 JUCO next year.

I don't know if we're talking with McKay or not, but, according to ESPN.com it looks like others are.

According to Jody Demling of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Indiana looks to be the newest suitor for lanky JUCO forward Jameel McKay (Indian Hills Community College).

"Indiana coach Tom Crean checked on Indian Hills Community College small forward Jameel McKay and he seems to be a new option on the recruiting board for the Hoosiers," writes Demling. "The 6-foot-8 McKay has a few offers, including Arkansas, Iowa State and Marquette."

Latest posts