Iowa Looking at Big Men for last 2015 spot

Look closely at "Biggie" Goldman's videos. Kid is a pure shooter and reminds me of JU. TA reminds me of Acie Earl. I'd take Biggie. The kid's jumper is literally money.

Look closely at "Biggie" Goldman's videos. Kid is a pure shooter and reminds me of JU. TA reminds me of Acie Earl. I'd take Biggie. The kid's jumper is literally money.

He needs to work on his release quite a bit. Shooting from the hip wont work. But I would think that would be fixable, as he does drain shots. Definitely a shooters touch. And 42% from 3pt range at that height does say something!

I would take either player. However, probably just one. A PG has to be high on the list....if there is one. I'm hoping for a transfer, as all the others are spoken for.

A true big is a must. Not that I would not take a PG if we could get a really good one but we have MG & AC next yr so the 3rd PG is not going to get minutes. Then imagine a game next year like yesterday when Woody gets into foul trouble.

If a great PG prospect does not materialize then we can go after one in 2016 with the lure of playing time as well.

I want a true big like Ike. Not sure if we are still on him or if he has interest? Maybe a graduate transfer and a young big as we would get the scholly back right away on the grad transfer.

I think you wait for the transfer market, and you can sell 2 straight NCAA appearances, and tell them they are the missing piece to make it 3 in a row, as well as the playing time that comes along with replacing White/Gabe minutes. We need someone who is B1G ready from day one.

I think you wait for the transfer market, and you can sell 2 straight NCAA appearances, and tell them they are the missing piece to make it 3 in a row, as well as the playing time that comes along with replacing White/Gabe minutes. We need someone who is B1G ready from day one.

Agreed. Getting a 5th year transfer or even a solid JUCO big that can come in and play significant minutes would be huge. Having just Woody next season isn't going to be fun to watch against teams with size.

Good point, an entirely new recruiting season starts when games end and the transfer news starts pouring in.

Agreed, and it should be an easier sell this year for the reasons you mentioned.

Although Iowa really needs another PG for 2016-17, a good big guy is our biggest need at this moment IMO.

The back court should be OK next year and we basically have just Woody as a true post player. Whether he's up to the challenge or not is another conversation, but the guy can't play 40 mpg, either, even if he is all Big 10.

Here are some potential big men that are transferring from other schools as follows:

Justin Jamison 6'9"-6'10" F Texas Tech-Played @ Missouri State-West Plains; is a big presence in the middle, who is versatile & can play both the 4 & 5 positions; a former 13th Round Pick of the Texas Rangers, arm injury sidelined his professional baseball career.

Frank Rogers 6'9" F San Jose St.-Played @ San Francisco & Cabrillo College

Matt Pollard 7'0"-7'1" C San Jose St.

Maurice Rivers 6'6" F Rice

I don't know if any of them would have to sit out a year or be eligible right away.

We need some big men that can be difference makers that's for sure.

Last edited:
He needs to work on his release quite a bit. Shooting from the hip wont work. But I would think that would be fixable, as he does drain shots. Definitely a shooters touch. And 42% from 3pt range at that height does say something!

I noticed that too. He'll have to reinvent it to play in D1 or get blocked a lot.

I'd also suggest that we don't need "tall men"...(he's 6'9" and skinny)... we need "BIG men"

I know we need bigs but Marcus Lovett is a point guard out of Chicago who's a 4-star. He has some nice offers and according to the report his offer list is about to explode. Does anybody know anything about this kid. We've shown interest but no offer. He has a UCLA offer so I wouldn't think grades would be an issue.

I know we need bigs but Marcus Lovett is a point guard out of Chicago who's a 4-star. He has some nice offers and according to the report his offer list is about to explode. Does anybody know anything about this kid. We've shown interest but no offer. He has a UCLA offer so I wouldn't think grades would be an issue.

Word is he won't be qualifying. I have no idea, but that seems about right for AlFraud, offering a kid who isn't going to qualify.

Word is he won't be qualifying. I have no idea, but that seems about right for AlFraud, offering a kid who isn't going to qualify.
That's unfortunate. Not only for the kid and us but I always thought UCLA held a higher standard than most others. I guess it's just another example of colleges doing what's best for the kid and the public.

That's unfortunate. Not only for the kid and us but I always thought UCLA held a higher standard than most others. I guess it's just another example of colleges doing what's best for the kid and the public.

Alford must be having some troubles with his recruiting. I see where he is after a couple of guys Iowa was interested in, and one of them reportedly has academic problems. You would think UCLA wouldn't have any trouble finding quality basketball players on the west coast. The big guy that's playing junior college basketball in Texas supposedly is going to be going to UCLA. I haven't heard of anyone else interested in him besides Iowa.

Alford must be having some troubles with his recruiting. I see where he is after a couple of guys Iowa was interested in, and one of them reportedly has academic problems. You would think UCLA wouldn't have any trouble finding quality basketball players on the west coast. The big guy that's playing junior college basketball in Texas supposedly is going to be going to UCLA. I haven't heard of anyone else interested in him besides Iowa.

Well that stinks if true. A big guy with skills from the state of Iowa that we could use and then we lose him to Alford. Doesn't get much worse than that.

I believe they're referring to Dale Jones. He's at Tyler JC and an Iowan. I believe he's 6'-8"/220. I believe he's coming off a knee injury his FR season. He'll have 3 to play 2.

Thanks. I thought they were talking about him but since someone said he was going to ucla i didn't know.

Latest posts