Iowa Law Was Right on Preferential Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting defensive and blaming the players for speaking out rather than looking at the problem is a joke.

Are all the dozens of players who have been calling out Brian Ferentz, Doyle, and others, for making derogatory and offensive race based comments while in a position of power lying? The fact that Iowa has the lowest black graduation rate / highest transfer rate in the Big 10 tells us that something needs to be done internally. Perhaps having a staff loaded with small town Loras grads, Concordia College grads, Iowa City High grads, and West Lyon grads, doesn't help much.

https://www.credible.com/news/student-loans/college-failing-black-athletes/

C'mon, Jonrn - it's common in the short attention span era to think whoever is playing now must be the best ever (i.e. Lebron better than Jordan), but to say you'd rather have Brandon Smith over DJK makes me wonder if you've been following Iowa football for more than a couple of years.

DJK had more catches as a true freshmen year (38) than Brandon Smith has had in any season in his career. DJK had twice as many touchdown catches as Smith has had combined in his entire career. To match DJK's productivity, Smith would need something like 120 catches as a senior, and would also learn how to become a 1st team all-Big 10 kick returner.

All legit points. DJKs legend has grown over the years, but I’d take ISM or Brandon smith over him.

derek Mitchell? Don’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.