Iowa lands Morehead guard from portal

Pretty sure that TP went to Missouri due to NIL. What, do you think their stellar 0-18 record in the SEC is what drew him there?
If that's true I don't know why he felt he needed to deny it, if you can snag 6 figures as a college kid why wouldn't you.

Pretty sure that TP went to Missouri due to NIL. What, do you think their stellar 0-18 record in the SEC is what drew him there?
I assume that's the reason too. Did you mean to quote me there? Because I'm not sure what it has to do with what I said.

For what its worth, I thought Perk was a very good player, but was a role player on a good team; not the star of a team. If he was a star, he had a chance to be that this year, and largely he wasn't. Other than a few games, he was good but not great most of the year. Garza, the Murrays, they showed up nearly every game with 20+ difference making point. TP was invisible some games.

That is not to say that TP was not a loss. He was. But, he is replaceable with a combination of existing and incoming guys, IMHO.
TP was a very good player, but also limited by a couple of factors. OK court vision. Inconsistent production. Not like losing a Murray.

Just my opinion. Having almost every player learn two positions explains many of the fantastic runs (in games) followed by deep ruts. The players misunderstand, or at least have to think, about their role in a given situation. Have the players do less but do it better. We have three players who are the precise example of a position, Brock, Owen, Josh. Maybe have multi position players on the bench.

Of course, I realize players need to learn parts of other positions dictated game situational needs but really function on perfecting a position.​

TP was a very good player, but also limited by a couple of factors. OK court vision. Inconsistent production. Not like losing a Murray.

Just my opinion. Having almost every player learn two positions explains many of the fantastic runs (in games) followed by deep ruts. The players misunderstand, or at least have to think, about their role in a given situation. Have the players do less but do it better. We have three players who are the precise example of a position, Brock, Owen, Josh. Maybe have multi position players on the bench.

Of course, I realize players need to learn parts of other positions dictated game situational needs but really function on perfecting a position.​
Exactly... TP I think was a pretty good player. For the 4-6 games a yr he was pretty good he was great but for most of the seasons he was here he was just ok. He's a big loss to us mostly because he was the best we had... Not because he was a Murray level talent. He's not even a Joe W level talent. We just don't have a ton going on right now with talent in the guard department...

Exactly... TP I think was a pretty good player. For the 4-6 games a yr he was pretty good he was great but for most of the seasons he was here he was just ok. He's a big loss to us mostly because he was the best we had... Not because he was a Murray level talent. He's not even a Joe W level talent. We just don't have a ton going on right now with talent in the guard department...
We're shallow at guard but the two starters will be good players. The guy we just signed will probably be a good reserve. He sounds the part.

We have not had anyone in decades as fast with the ball as Brock Harding. If he's putting work in on his 3 ball, sure he is, and gets that number up he will have a lot of opportunities to beat the defense. Obviously once he gets inside there will have to be help. That's where the great court vision kicks in because the other guys will have to pick up Harding and then Harding finds the open man.

Obviously, Iowa's defense will need to learn some help defense is necessary where Brock gets trapped one on one since it will be easy to shoot over him.

Every basket counts the same. Dix won't dunk but he will be a very good threat for mid-range and three jumpers, and he's wily in getting to the basket. He's a hardworking and eager defender. Both Brock and Josh have a nose for the ball, good trait to have when you're at an athletic disadvantage.