Iowa lands Big Time TE Elijah Yelverton

Great news. If Iowa offers you as a TE how would you say no to that is what I'd like to know. Looks like a great fit keep em coming

I expect Iowa's TE production to be down considerably in 2019, but man, the Hawks are really loading up some talent at that position for the future. Exciting!

This is huge. May only be rated a 3* (for now) but he has 5* offers which is the main thing.

Posted on story in the recruiting board. As I said there, waiting for an interview and will add quotes after that. Post also includes junior highlights:

LINK

Only way you don't is if you want a better shot at a national title in college. If you want developed for NFL TE spot then Iowa is as good at that as anybody.
Well we have always said what could we do with a few higher ranked classes. Maybe we are about to find out. ;)

Well we have always said what could we do with a few higher ranked classes. Maybe we are about to find out. ;)

The vast majority of 5* talent is still uncommitted. This fact would point to an inevitable slip in those rankings. Iowa is recruiting tremendously in their usual areas of strength. That is an awesome fact. So far though we are still missing the splash outside of what we are already good at. Hopefully locking down these studs at perpetual positions of need will help our staff zero in on and full court press desired targets in the positions that we don't already create miracles with.

Been there, done that with several High school ALL Americans one season. That was a bust recruiting class.

You could have a five star TE but if the QB can’t get him the ball or if your coach wants to run the ball with TWO NFL quality TE’s then what does it matter?

Need another Green in the backfield to help draw some attention away from the receivers. We all know that Green was a fluke for Iowa. Wide receivers, running backs, and QB’s are just average to serviceable at Iowa.

Latest posts