Iowa Lands 4-Star Defensive End, Commit #1

Jon just noticed that you spelled his last name wrong. It is Kenney. At least it is spelled like that on Rivals.

If he can get to 260 or 270 and keep that speed he'd be a monster of a DE. The biggest thing for him will be speed and technique. You don't have to be 280 to play DE, just ask Freeney and Binns.

I don't care where he plays as long as he can do it well.

You know, it takes a lot to impress me on highlight tapes. Usually I'm just meh. But that has to be the best defesnive highlight tape I've ever seen. The dude brings the wood. He doesn't arm tackle, or bear hug people down. He hits like a ******* truck, and dives opponents backward.

The ideal size for a DE at the next level appears to be about 270 pounds. Here is a list of the DE sack leaders from last year.

Jared Allen 6-6 270
Jason Babin 6-3 268
Jason Pierre-Paul 6-5 272
Chris Long 6-3 270
Dwight Fenney 6-1 268

So this kid really is right on course to be 250-255 when he steps on campus in 16 months then within 15 pounds or so of an ideal NFL playing weight. And if his height is a legit 6-2 that is not an issue either as he will probably be 6-3 or 6-4 when finished growing.

This is a great start for the Hawks. I'm liking the news about the fresh energy in the spring drills. Hopefully they can keep it going strong and continue the good start to recruiting.

I think I remember reading somewhere that he is really 6-1. I hope that Iowa can follow this up with a LARGE DT recruit.

Latest posts