Iowa Ladies Football Academy

iowachief

The Academy is today. Is anyone's wife on here doing it today? My wife is and I must say I am a little bit jealous. It sounds like its going to be a very fun opportunity and for a great cause also.

Never heard of it before (I actually thought it was a thinly veiled Cyclone reference at first!), but I just checked out the site and it looks cool!

My wife went Saturday and had a fantastic time. They started out in the new indoor practice facility, rode the bus around to Kinnick and did the walk into the stadium as the players to. Went through the locker rooms, did the swarm onto the field and then a bunch of drills including passing, receiving, kicking and punting. She said the players were all great, friendly and she learned a lot about their game-day experience.

Good way to raise money for an excellent cause as well.

There is a pink locker room joke/reference somewhere to be had in this thread, but I'll be darn if I can think of one.

My wife flew in from Colorado and attended for the second year in a row. Great day. She loved all the football drills and got a high five from Reese Morgan for her great tackling in the d-line drill. She was one of the top fundraisers again and brought back a signed jersey to go along with the signed helmet she got last year. Will look good on the wall in our theater room downstairs. Great cause put together by the Ferentzs.

Latest posts