Iowa @ Kansas 1998 - 62 Game Winning Streak Snapped

Mr. Davis's last season I believe. helluva coach

Tell me again why Bowlsby forced out Mr. Davis, if attendance was going down then Bowlsby should have scheduled better home Non-Conf games as the OOC schedule had gotten stale.

If Mr. Davis was maybe playing too much golf and not recruiting as hard maybe Bowlsby should have had a chat with him about pulling in the instate blue chippers.

But Mr. Davis was head and shoulders better than Alford, my gawd Mr. Davis gave Drake their first winning season in many years.

This was my wife's first exposure to my fandom..newly married, she was asleep and I started yelling at the top of my lungs..she came running out thinking something was wrong.

I was at work that night and when I checked on the computer, Iowa was getting beat. When I got home and watched it on the VCR (remember those?), it was a thing of beauty!

This was my wife's first exposure to my fandom..newly married, she was asleep and I started yelling at the top of my lungs..she came running out thinking something was wrong.

I was yelling at the top of my lungs too, but that is because I was in a mob of Iowa fans at Allen Fieldhouse after we beat KU:) As I recall we were in the corridors outside the court area, but I could be wrong. We might have been on the court congratulating the team. It was all kind of a blur.

wow that was an ugly arse game... 30 turnovers for Iowa... Kansas 11-24 from the the line...

Great win though... I remember McCausland draining those 3's at the end.

Watching that game... make me realize how talented our team I this year...

Who who start from that team today.... Oliver? maybe Settles... the rest are not even close.

I was there! Still probably right on top of my best Hawkeye games I've ever attended ...maybe dead even with the 02 Minny Football game. Anyone else on this board at that game too? We stormed the court, all 25 of us Hawk fans in attendance and messed up Mr. Davis's Hair. He was grinning ear to ear. As we walked out of Allen Fieldhouse, we were getting the death stare from a lot of fans... was actually a little concerned for our safety as we walked to our car ;)

I was there too - probably one of my greatest Hawkeye memories even if I was a bit shiny and too young to know how big it was at the time. I just remember being in the rafters and slowly moving down sections to try and storm the court with about 12 other Hawkeyes. Yeah, we weren't all that smart, but we were primed up and excited to win in that place.

I remember watching this game in my dorm room yelling at the top of my lungs as Kent McCausland was draining 3's.. I've always wanted to see this game again. Great find!

I was there too - probably one of my greatest Hawkeye memories even if I was a bit shiny and too young to know how big it was at the time. I just remember being in the rafters and slowly moving down sections to try and storm the court with about 12 other Hawkeyes. Yeah, we weren't all that smart, but we were primed up and excited to win in that place.

I think I saw myself at the end of the video when the players were celebrating. My buddy is the one that came up and shook Mr. Davis's hand they showed real briefly. What was fun is the place gets so quiet for free throws, but it echoes so great that all 20 of us Hawk fans would yell while KU was shooting free throws and it'd sound awesome...the KU fans were so PO'd that we would dare yell during their FTs.