They are sleepwalking thru this one

Totally unprepared

Not setting screens for Clark most of the game

Not getting her the ball right away when she is open to receive a pass

The M & Ms, Marshall and Martin have done nothing

Alas, well they were not going to go undefeated this season

Better to get the loss out of the way early

Pressure to go undefeated is gone

Hopefully this wasn't a blueprint for other teams to copy. K State played tough, physical, consistent defense. They didn't let a few fouls change their game plan.

Did the refs eventually get tired of calling fouls? Possibly. But give K-State all the credit. To hold Iowa in the fifties on its own floor is a helluva effort.

Hopefully this wasn't a blueprint for other teams to copy. K State played tough, physical, consistent defense. They didn't let a few fouls change their game plan.

Did the refs eventually get tired of calling fouls? Possibly. But give K-State all the credit. To hold Iowa in the fifties on its own floor is a helluva effort.

Isn’t this exactly what we saw last year against K-State? I would hold off calling this a blueprint. LSU and Connecticut aren’t exactly crushing it right now.

Isn’t this exactly what we saw last year against K-State? I would hold off calling this a blueprint. LSU and Connecticut aren’t exactly crushing it right now.
UConn lost to top 20 NC St and kicked #20 Marylands ass tonight, I’d say they bounced back nicely.

Clark had a really bad game. Really poor decisions - that last wacky 3 with so much time left … WtF?! No one could make a damn basket! The bigs played poor position D … Ummm, ya gotta front a horse like A Lee. They let her post and receive the ball 2 feet from hoop all night which is automatic basket or foul.

Hope they shake it off but, so far, with the poor shooting, they’re looking like a pretty run of the mill 2nd weekend team.

Possibly but the 84-83 score last year would indicate that the game was played more at our pace than theirs.

Wildcats were getting back on defense, completely shut down our transition game, and they were bumping and grabbing all over the court. It was like watching Belichick's secondary rough up Issac Bruce and Torry Holt in that long ago Super Bowl, or watching a modern day Izzo or TJ Otzelberger defense-keep rough housing and the refs will eventually stop calling it.

But K-State was definitely getting in our space, pressuring the ball, taking Marshall completely out of the game and to the bench, shutting down our pick and roll plays after some early success, helping and recovering. It's like there were six of them out there playing man and zone at the same time. They deserve all the credit in the world for trusting their game plan in a hostile environment even when they were down by five late.

On offense they were patient enough quarter to quarter and possession to possession, to establish Anoka Lee inside. Down the stretch we had no answer for her. Like I said I just hope that future opponents don't take note and copy this. We need to use our team speed and get people like Marshall and Martin into the flow of the game!

Latest posts