Iowa/ISU Game Time

The funny thing is i got the DISH (My cable provider, has never offered the BTN) in order to watch all my iowa games, but the last year, and now appears this year, that i wouldn't have needed it, as they have been on ABC/ESPN alot.

My future wife wants to have the wedding this day. She thinks the "wedding' is more important than the game! I may have to rethink this whole marriage thing :)

In 2008, two of my daughters announced that they were engaged. I said great, but they had to pick week-ends that did not include Iowa football. they both didn't listen to me. they both got married with in 6 weeks of each other on iowa football saturday. the 1st one was the MSU game. We lost. I sat in a hotel room watching on tv in bakersfield, ca. as long as i could until i was forced to go to the church. (9am start in calif). then the day of the purdue game (we won), i sat at a condo in las vegas, on the computer following the game play by play. Luckily it ended in time to go to the wedding.

Now i screwed up, and scheduled myself to be out of state on two iowa football sat. one happenss to be the isu game. I will be in big 12 area, so i may not get the game. then on oct 9th i will be in hawaii. who do we play that day? Hopefully it will be an espn game that day.

Don't be too sure about the whole sleeping in thing for this game. There will be people lining up at before the buttcrack of dawn to get parking spots. Better not sleep in too long...

Now i screwed up, and scheduled myself to be out of state on two iowa football sat. one happenss to be the isu game. I will be in big 12 area, so i may not get the game. then on oct 9th i will be in hawaii. who do we play that day? Hopefully it will be an espn game that day.

Your in luck, Oct 9th is the Hawks bye week.

Am I the only one who prefers 11am kickoffs?? Probably because I cant sleep past 7am on gameday no matter what time I go to bed friday.. Night games are awesome too, but it drives me crazy sitting around all day waiting!

As will I, like I said, I prefer 2:30 kickoffs over 11:00. I'm just saying that it would have been nice to watch Miami get thrown around by Ohio State.

With OSU knack for ******** one down their leg early in the year, I wouldn't take that to the bank.

I love 2:30 kickoffs, just more excitement and generally a bigger game feel.

As far as getting married on gameday, there are a lot of saturdays throughout the year when Iowa doesn't play. If you give in on this one you'd better put some leg waxing services on your registry list, cause you'll never wear the pants ever again.

Am I the only one who prefers 11am kickoffs?? Probably because I cant sleep past 7am on gameday no matter what time I go to bed friday.. Night games are awesome too, but it drives me crazy sitting around all day waiting!

HawkLyfe, I also love the 11am starts. I am wired when I get up, and the 11am days mean I'm getting ready for the game right away. Night games are painful, you have to wait all day for them to happen.

HawkLyfe, I also love the 11am starts. I am wired when I get up, and the 11am days mean I'm getting ready for the game right away. Night games are painful, you have to wait all day for them to happen.

Same here. I really dislike 2:30 and later games. I want the game to start...not wait around all day. With an early game time I can get back to Des Moines and still be able to watch part of the 2:30 games and all of a late game.

It is bad enough having to put up with Clown fans in and around Kinnick...but now they will be even more drunk and obnoxious than you would get at an early game.

Wonderful.

I like the 11 am games if I'm going to be watching them on tv. I hate waiting around all day to watch them. I'm usually bouncing off the walls by the time the game starts. But if I'm going to be at Kinnick, I will take a late kickoff every single time. I love the extra tailgating time.

Latest posts