Iowa/ISU Game Time

Just to clarify, this will be shown regionally on ABC and for those ABC stations not carrying the Iowa/Iowa State game, the game will be on ESPN2. Same deal as any ABC game the last couple of years.

Oh, and I LOVE this kickoff time!

That's at least four games on ABC/ESPN: ISU, Arizona, Michigan, PSU..and I would wager Ohio State will be, too...and possibly Wisconsin.

That's good. Iowa State fans without cable who missed the game 2 years ago on the BTN will have no excuse this time around. The inablility of ISU to score a touchdown for the 4th year in a row will be on network television.

That's good. Iowa State fans without cable who missed the game 2 years ago on the BTN will have no excuse this time around. The inablility of ISU to score a touchdown for the 4th year in a row will be on network television.

LOL, well played.

And yeah, I LOVE the 2:30 kickoff times! Coming from WDM to Kinnick, I get to sleep in just a bit longer...and still get home at a reasonable time.

Agree. This game should always be a 2:30 kick. Perfect ammount of time for the kids to get stupid drunk, but not enough to want to kill someone drunk.

Should be a great atmosphere.

I like 2:30 kickoffs much more than 11:00, but this start time will likely overlap with the Ohio State/Miami game or the Penn State/Alabama game. That is a little disappointing.

I like 2:30 kickoffs much more than 11:00, but this start time will likely overlap with the Ohio State/Miami game or the Penn State/Alabama game. That is a little disappointing.

Which is why God gave us DVR's and TiVo, the greatest gifts since forgiveness and indoor plumbing and AC.

My future wife wants to have the wedding this day. She thinks the "wedding' is more important than the game! I may have to rethink this whole marriage thing :)

My future wife wants to have the wedding this day. She thinks the "wedding' is more important than the game! I may have to rethink this whole marriage thing :)

DVR's are awesome, but they aren't THAT awesome. Let me know if you have season tickets that you won't be using that day.;)

The Ohio State/Miami game is a 2:30 kickoff so it will overlap there, but the Penn State/Alabama game is a 6:30 kickoff, which will be perfect to get home from the game and watch.

But I will gladly sacrifice missing a Miami/Ohio State type game to have a 2:30 kickoff for an Iowa home game.

Yea, I don't know about rethinking marriage but maybe the date. Assuming most of your friends are also Hawkeye fans, you can tell her this story from last year...

A bunch of my buddies were all invited to a wedding on the same day as Iowa @ PSU. The wedding reception turned into people taking their dinner into a classroom in the cathloic church to watch the game rather then eat and dance with the happily married couple.

I know September is a nice time to get married but the wedding will be much more fun if the guests aren't pre-occupied with a major sporting event at the same time. Unless of course you have the game on projection screens next to the dance floor (#dudewedding).

Yea, I don't know about rethinking marriage but maybe the date. Assuming most of your friends are also Hawkeye fans, you can tell her this story from last year...

A bunch of my buddies were all invited to a wedding on the same day as Iowa @ PSU. The wedding reception turned into people taking their dinner into a classroom in the cathloic church to watch the game rather then eat and dance with the happily married couple.

I know September is a nice time to get married but the wedding will be much more fun if the guests aren't pre-occupied with a major sporting event at the same time. Unless of course you have the game on projection screens next to the dance floor (#dudewedding).

Agreed. I got married on Sept 20, 2008. The Hawks were playing at Pitt. My wife wanted Sept and we agreed to not do it on a home game weekend for obvious reasons. I had figured the facility we wanted would be booked as it was only like 6 months before the date, but magically the only open date for the entire fall was Sept. 20.
Needless to say, I got my butt reamed and still get crap about being an hour late for pictures while my groomsmen and I sat up in the hotel room watching the end of the game. If you can get the date changed I would highly recommend it. At least to a non-home game.
To answer the orginal post, 2:30 kick for this game is excellent. Will be a great atmosphere. Love the 2:30 kicks. Gladly sacrifce the Ohio St/Miami game.

The Ohio State/Miami game is a 2:30 kickoff so it will overlap there, but the Penn State/Alabama game is a 6:30 kickoff, which will be perfect to get home from the game and watch.

But I will gladly sacrifice missing a Miami/Ohio State type game to have a 2:30 kickoff for an Iowa home game.

As will I, like I said, I prefer 2:30 kickoffs over 11:00. I'm just saying that it would have been nice to watch Miami get thrown around by Ohio State.

Apart from this being a home football game, does your soon to be wife really want "9/11" as your anniversary?

Run this one by her, too ...

My brother's wife (now ex-wife, already) picked the day of the Iowa/Syracuse goal-line-stand game ... there was a couple hours between the wedding and the reception, and everyone (EVERYONE) found someplace to watch the game. Unfortunately since the game would not end, there were many, many late arrivals to the reception (myself included, and I was in the wedding party)

Latest posts