Iowa is the only school in the USA

That sounds a lot nicer than being the only program in the nation to have never received a first place football vote. Wonder who holds that distinction.

Very cool, but also the most manufactured stat since the beginning of recorded history

This is almost as artificial as claiming something like "Iowa is the only team in the country with three backs to rush for over 195 yards in a game"

Very cool, but also the most manufactured stat since the beginning of recorded history

This is almost as artificial as claiming something like "Iowa is the only team in the country with three backs to rush for over 195 yards in a game"
That is impressive though.

Kinda an easy stat to achieve since once you get by football there is only one other possibility.

To be fair, we did lose to Augustana for god's sake. I know it was an exhibition game but that was such a stupid loss it should count.

I live about an hour from that school and work with some people who went there. One lady's future son and law starts on their team and all I've heard for the last two weeks is how awesome Augustana basketball is and how they beat the Hawkeyes.

BTW, did I mention Augustana beat the Hawkeyes? Yeah. That's how my week has been.

But but but lAmes, haven't played anyone, easy conference, water quality, stop signs, basketball school, Fred hoiberg, mangino, quiet momentum...

Sorry, the award for most manufactured stats goes to the ESPN FPI.

Hmmmm... You'd think other schools would achieve it too then.

Hmmmm... You'd think other schools would achieve it too then.

I mean what if Alabama's football team, water polo team, and club ping pong team were undefeated?

Would Alabama be claiming that they're the only school in history whose football, water polo, AND club ping pong team are undefeated?

No, because there's no objective reason to group those categories together. Kind of like how there's no objective reason to group football, MBB, WBB, and Wrestling together. Most schools could not care less about wrestling.

Latest posts