Iowa is going to spend a nice portion of this season

The only ranking that really matters is the one you hold when the regular season is over.

I try not to remember the talk about being a number one seed before we crashed and burned.

Definitely. The free marketing that comes from being ranked is 2nd only to making noise in the tournament.

You'd rather be ranked for close to half the season than not am I right?

Absolutely. It depends on the scenario in question I guess. I mean would you rather be ranked all year but flutter at the end or be ranked at the end playing your best ball? If that is the question, it's great marketing for being ranked most of the year but I think it's better marketing if you are ranked at the end ie higher seed and easier path in the tournament.

Now if being ranked all year as well as at the end is an option, I think we would all take that one. :)

Absolutely. It depends on the scenario in question I guess. I mean would you rather be ranked all year but flutter at the end or be ranked at the end playing your best ball? If that is the question, it's great marketing for being ranked most of the year but I think it's better marketing if you are ranked at the end ie higher seed and easier path in the tournament.

Now if being ranked all year as well as at the end is an option, I think we would all take that one. :)

It definitely is better and matters more at the end - just saying, right now aint too bad either. I keep seeing Iowa's name in the top 25 as the season progresses and to be honest, it makes ALL the other games around the country more watchable for me. Last season, I had a hard time following the rest of the sport when Iowa was so bad. I was checked out. This season, not so much, which is nice because I've typically watched 5 to 6 games a week that weren't Iowa games in the past.

Last edited:
It definitely is better and matters more at the end - just saying, right now aint too bad either. I keep seeing Iowa's name in the top 25 as the season progresses and to be honest, it makes ALL the other games around the country more. Last season, I had a hard time following the rest of the sport when Iowa was so bad. I was checked out. This season, not so much, which is nice because I've typically watched 5 to 6 games a week that weren't Iowa games in the past.

Agreed. I think most thought before the season that there was no chance of being ranked yet alone 4 weeks in a row and counting this early in the season. This long layoff between Iowa games is driving me nuts.

Latest posts