Iowa is a punchline

It's been a few days now but I'm still left with a very bitter feeling about the game. People are jumping on the Michigan bandwagon but our defense held them in check for 3 quarters. I just can't get over the play calling in the red zone. It's going to haunt me for a long time. We all know how rare the opportunities like that game are for Iowa. To play anything but all out and to not be willing to take chances, especially with the play calling, will never be forgotten by me. Iowa could have made that a nail biter but for gutless play calling.

what plays should Iowa have called in the red zone?

It's been a few days now but I'm still left with a very bitter feeling about the game. People are jumping on the Michigan bandwagon but our defense held them in check for 3 quarters. I just can't get over the play calling in the red zone. It's going to haunt me for a long time. We all know how rare the opportunities like that game are for Iowa. To play anything but all out and to not be willing to take chances, especially with the play calling, will never be forgotten by me. Iowa could have made that a nail biter but for gutless play calling.
As soon as the halfback pass to Pottebaum was incomplete I knew we were going to be in trouble. We had to call and execute lights out. We needed that early touchdown to make Michigan sweat. Didn't happen.

Really tough to argue with your post.

No. The most consistent quarterbacks will always be pocket passers. The good ones are quite mobile—within the pocket. Iowa can have a pocket passer, he just needs to be more mobile than Pretorian Petras. You have to be able to navigate the pocket, sidestep rushers, etc. It is however easier to develop the more athletic guys at the college level with less consistent offensive lines and less experience, but if you think the immobile guys can’t have success, just look at Mac Jones, both in college and now.
You mean the mac jones who played 4 quarters monday and threw for 19 yds?

You almost wonder why Kirk doesnt take a flyer on a speedy track athlete who maybe played a bit of wide receiver. Just let them run deep, if they get open throw them the ball, or maybe they draw a safety toward them and opens up room for other receivers.

Paul Chaney Jr.? Played 2007-2010 and was also part of the Iowa track team.

Career stats = 29 recs for 294 yards (10.1 avg).

Latest posts