Iowa Is #2 In The League For Alumni On Active NFL Rosters

Nebraska still has some legacy players from when they used to be good, like Burkhead, Abdullah, Suh, Koch, etc. Their number will plummet within a couple years down to Rutgers/Indiana levels.

Minnesota is kind of a head scratcher. They’re a whole lot better than the next 4 teams agead of them. Maybe they’re good at doing more with less. Who knows, it’s possible that rowing boats does good things for athletes.

The boat rower hasn't been there quite long enough to fully impact this number. Plus, he runs an offense that doesn't translate all that well to the next level. Plus, they are what, the 4th best team in a shitty division.

All that talent and still tied with Northwestern with 2 western division titles and 2 losses in the conference title game.
Iowa is third in the Big Ten in total wins over the last 7 years.
When your play book is three pages long including the table of content and index, that tends to happen.
Actually Iowa's talent has shown up on the field. For the past 7 seasons (2015 through 2021) here are the total wins of all Big Ten teams:

1. Ohio St 79
2. Wisc 65
3. Iowa 63
4. Mich 61
5. Penn St 60
6. MSU 52
7. MN 50
8.NW 49
9. IND 38
10. Nebby 34
11. Maryland 33
12. Purdue 33
13. IL 27
14. Rutgers 21

Actually Iowa's talent has shown up on the field. For the past 7 seasons (2015 through 2021) here are the total wins of all Big Ten teams:

1. Ohio St 79
2. Wisc 65
3. Iowa 63
4. Mich 61
5. Penn St 60
6. MSU 52
7. MN 50
8.NW 49
9. IND 38
10. Nebby 34
11. Maryland 33
12. Purdue 33
13. IL 27
14. Rutgers 21

In other words, Iowa and Wisconsin are huge beneficiaries of playing on the soft side of the conference. How would we look if we drew Indiana's schedule? Annual loss to Purdue guaranteed, plus four tough games guaranteed on the schedule every year. Guh.

1. Ohio St 79
2. Wisc 65
3. Iowa 63
4. Mich 61
5. Penn St 60
6. MSU 52
7. MN 50
8.NW 49
9. IND 38
10. Nebby 34
11. Maryland 33
12. Purdue 33
13. IL 27
14. Rutgers 21
What are we vs the B1G East?

1. Ohio St 79
2. Wisc 65
3. Iowa 63
4. Mich 61
5. Penn St 60
6. MSU 52
7. MN 50
8.NW 49
9. IND 38
10. Nebby 34
11. Maryland 33
12. Purdue 33
13. IL 27
14. Rutgers 21
Now do East vs West wins.

Yet we struggle getting highly rated players. Imagine if Iowa started with better athletes, but would they work as hard as the 2 or 3 star guys? I guess we get to find out as Kirk has some outstanding guys coming in.

It amazes me how negative people are about this program. Fans....

In the last 7 seasons we are averaging 9 wins a season. 9. 90% of the fan bases in this country would kill for a 9 win season. I don't care if KF wins ugly or if we play in the shitty West division. We win. We beat our rivals over and over. We are nationally relevant and respected.

In the entire 14 team conference, is there anyone that we look up to besides OSU and Wisconsin? Seriously. Maybe Michigan just because of this season, but we all know Harbaugh is going to go back to the NFL and Michigan will return to 7-8 wins a year. I guaranty you that every other fan base in the conference other than OSU and Wisconsin would be elated to be Iowa. Hell, even the Bugeater fans are talking about how Iowa's stability would be nice.

Would I love for KF to make some changes on offense? Of course. But, the guy has 22 years under his belt of damn good football, and so you gotta take the whole pie. I am damn proud to be an Iowa fan and thrilled KF just signed an extension. The program is the strongest it has ever been in my life time with maybe 1985 and 2003 time periods as rivals. Our recruiting is strong, our NFL success is beyond dispute, we own our rivals except Wisky, we are generally in the Top 25, and we are at least in the hunt for division if not conference titles. Have some perspective, gents.

Go Hawks!

In other words, Iowa and Wisconsin are huge beneficiaries of playing on the soft side of the conference. How would we look if we drew Indiana's schedule? Annual loss to Purdue guaranteed, plus four tough games guaranteed on the schedule every year. Guh.
Wrong again. Iowa is 13-8 against the East Division during that time

I’ll have Iowa’s record against “the four tough teams” in a minute

Iowa is 5-7 against Ohio, MSU, Mich and Penn st since 2015. 8-1 against the rest.
That’s what makes their conference a varsity league. 8-1 don’t mean a lot against the rest. If you’re saying the east and West divisions are comparable, well, you apparently don’t follow college football very close.

Latest posts