IOWA-Illinois goes down game thread.

Thanks to all of you for carrying the thread today. Great turnout at Kinnick and great turnout at Hawkeye Nation.

With today's win Iowa becomes the first top 25 team to become bowl eligible. Soon to be followed by Tosu

This defense. I'm not sure they're the best defense we've had with Ferentz but they're starting to become my favorite just because they hit so damn hard.

These games just seem so old school. Every single play there's a guy falling on a guy right at the whistle, guys are making solid but hard tackles. So much physicality, the Big Ten has been fun this year.

These games just seem so old school. Every single play there's a guy falling on a guy right at the whistle, guys are making solid but hard tackles. So much physicality, the Big Ten has been fun this year.

Last year I cringed when opponents ran outside. Now I laugh at them for being dumb enough to try it.

Last year I cringed when opponents ran outside. Now I laugh at them for being dumb enough to try it.

Iowa's had some great defenses in the past decade or so but this is the first year where it doesn't feel like we get beat by inferior talent. If we get beat it's because we're getting beat by very good players.

closer than it should have been, terrible 3rd quarter, but finished strong and didn't fall into the trap game that I was worried about.

Iowa's had some great defenses in the past decade or so but this is the first year where it doesn't feel like we get beat by inferior talent. If we get beat it's because we're getting beat by very good players.

Other than early in the Iowa State game. That's like 1 quarter in 6 games of playing bad against crap compitition and that was the beginning of a rivalry game so it's understandable.

Ps, I love the raider package.