Iowa hosts the 9-0 Gophers

KCTrainer

According to the ESPN power index the Hawks have a 61% chance of knocking off the undefeated gophers. Interesting considering the outcome of today’s games.

Iowa has been relegated to a spoiler program since 2009 with the exception of 2015

They did it in 2011, 2016, & 2017 against some talented teams that finished at the top of the conference. Maybe they can do it again. But I highly doubt PJ's team will be sleeping in this one. Iowa has dominated this series lately. Minnesota probably has this game circled on the calendar.

"Spolier" is something that teams that have nothing left to play for talk about. Boomer Kirk has been really, really good at talking about spoilers lately. I hope they win, but I'm not going to waste three hours on a Saturday watching it.

Iowa dominates this series. They have won 4 in a row, and 6 of the last 7. Iowa will win by 14+ points.

Last edited:
I think we win next weekend, but then we have Illinois coming off a bye week in a game that doesn’t look like walk in the park anymore. I guess when you’re a slightly above mediocre team nothing comes easy.

"Spolier" is something that teams that have nothing left to play for talk about. Boomer Kirk has been really, really good at talking about spoilers lately. I hope they win, but I'm not going to waste three hours on a Saturday watching it.
and if we beat Minny, Barta and others will praise how great Kirk is and how lucky we are to have him as our coach.

and if we beat Minny, Barta and others will praise how great Kirk is and how lucky we are to have him as our coach.
That's the worst part of it. Everyone will be like, "ANOTHER BIG IOWA WIN AGAINST A GREAT TEAM AT HOME" when beating freaking MINNESOTA used to be expected. It's just another program that's improving while Iowa goes stale.

Iowa dominates this series. They have won 4 in a row, and 6 of the last 7. Iowa will win by 14+ points.

Ah, wouldnt that be nice! But don't think so......I think the Gophers are on a mission. Would I enjoy seeing MN beat OSU in the title game and screw up the selection committee's deep laid plans? Absolutely......

Had Iowa pulled off the Wisconsin win, I might be more excited about beating MN, but we didn't, and I am just kind of resigned to losing one more game and finishing 8-4.

I wouldnt mind having to eat my words here though.......................

Latest posts